- How they talk you out of voting. Important read of the day!!
- When You’re #WithHer, But Your Dad Is a Trump Supporter.
- The Men Feminists Left Behind. “What this campaign has shown us is that while feminism has transformed American culture, our politics and the lives of women, men haven’t evolved nearly as rapidly. Women changed. Too many men didn’t. Male identity remains tied up in dominance and earning potential, and when those things flag, it seems men either give up or get angry.”
- Male Birth Control Injections Found Effective, But Study Cut Short Due to Side-Effects. “The study was cut short due to side effects including depression, mood changes and libido issues. Researchers who were not involved with the study were quick to note that those unacceptable risks sounded similar to the acceptable ones women face when using hormone-based birth control.”
- Women in Movies Running in Heels.
- If Women Wrote Men the Way Men Write Women. This cracked me up.
- Negative Emotions Are Key to Well-Being. Positive emotions lose meaning without something to contrast them against.
- Shoppers who get a warm glow from things like TOMS one-for-one shoes program are in for a chill breeze.
- Astrology Is Fake But Scorpios Are Extremely True. This is just funny bizarre. (and I am a Scorpio)
- Pushing That Crosswalk Button May Make You Feel Better, but… Turns out we’ve all been fooled.
Things of Note:
It has been a long week. I’ve love getting to spend time with my sisters and nephew. But sleep has been in short supply, and I miss my own bed and husband and dog. I’ll be heading home in a few days, and am hoping I’m not too worn out to do it in one go as planned. We shall see. Though I will also be driving my newly-scratched car, thanks to a hit-and-run at the grocery store while I was inside shopping. They did not leave a note, just 2-foot long, deep scratches on the back corner of my car. 😡 Yeah, not thilled. So I’ll have to deal with that once I get home.
Also, of course, today is a big day for our country. I’m going to be mostly avoiding online things and the news today, until the final results are in. Too much anxiety otherwise. I may need to go buy coping cake.
What’s your plan for weathering election night?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.