- If you voted for Trump because he’s ‘anti-establishment,’ guess what: You got conned. Not that I think any of my readers did, but an interesting article nonetheless.
- The Case Against Democracy.
- A primer on executive power: what can Trump actually affect? Equal parts reassuring and worrying.
- Why Obama Will Go Down as One of the Greatest Presidents of All Time. Agreed.
- The way ahead: an essay from Barack Obama.
- Your app makes me fat. Turns out, willpower and cognitive reasoning draw from the same pool of mental resources. “Spend hours at work on a tricky design problem? You’re more likely to stop at Burger King on the drive home. Hold back from saying what you really think during one of those long-ass, painful meetings? You’ll struggle with the code you write later that day.” This explains a lot.
- The Gone Girl With The Dragon Tattoo On The Train. “There was a time a few years back when it seemed to me that about every third book I encountered was called “The X’s Daughter” […] More recently, we seem to have entered the age of the girls. […] The “girl” in the title is much more likely to be a woman than an actual girl, and the author of the book is more likely to be a woman. But if a book with “girl” in the title was written by a man, the girl is significantly more likely to end up dead.”
Things of Note:
Last week… did not go as I had hoped. I still don’t really have words for such a monumentally disastrous direction for our country. So I’ll just leave it at that, and double down on what I’ve said before: I will really miss Obama.
Good news is needed. What’s something happy or exciting that’s happened in your life lately?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.