- Black Friday Special: Common Retail Questions Answered With Deeper Questions.
- Cartoon of the week: How to call your reps when you have social anxiety.
- Trump voters — it’s not me, it’s you. Garrison Keillor for the half-LOLs (one of those funny cause it’s true moments).
- The ‘Alt-Right’ Is A Hate Movement, And It’s Scarier Than You Think.
- This post from Dan Rather sums things up nicely.
- Why rural voters don’t vote Democratic anymore.
- Richard Rorty’s 1998 Book Suggested Election 2016 Was Coming.
- The Identity Politics of Whiteness. ““White” is seen as the default, the absence of race. In school curriculums, one month is reserved for the study of black history, while the rest of the year is just plain history; people will tell you they are fans of black or Latin music, but few will claim they love white music.”
- How You Speak To Siri & Alexa Matters More Than You Think — Here’s Why.
Things of Note:
I hope all of my US readers had a wonderful Thanksgiving! We had a nice low-key long weekend here. Lots of food and lazing about, and and maybe some binge watching of TV in there, too. It was a much needed mental health holiday. Why? Well, you can probably guess just from a sample of the above links. “At ease” is not going to be the default setting for a lot of people over the next few years, myself included. I have and will continue to do my part, but everyone needs a break to recharge once in awhile.
I promise I will get back to book posts soon, too! Between being out of town for two weeks, then playing catch up, then having the holiday come around, I haven’t had a great amount of down time to read reviewable books. But it is back on the priority list.
How was your weekend? Any good reads to recommend lately?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.