- Video of the week: Trump Inauguration 2017 (by William Shakespeare). Eerie how applicable this is. (helpful to turn captions on)
- 6-Year-Old Girls Already Have Gendered Beliefs About Intelligence. This makes me sad.
- To Christy on Facebook, who doesn’t need the Women’s March.
- The New York Times, Trapped in a Time Warp, Marvels at Dads Who Parented Alone While Moms Marched.
- In Defense of Feminine Eating.
- Iceland knows how to stop teen substance abuse but the rest of the world isn’t listening.
- How much does it hurt? The vague diagnostics of pain.
- What we actually lose when the USDA and EPA can’t talk to the public.
- As a Response to Trump, This Group Is Drafting Scientists to Run for Office.
- The Truth Vaccine: How UX Could Fight Fake News.
- Texas has highest maternal mortality rate in developed world, study finds. Republicans in Texas shut down health care clinics that provided abortions without ambulatory surgical facilities….purportedly for the sake of women’s health. This is a direct result. Fucking idiots.
- The dark rigidity of fundamentalist rural America: a view from the inside. This is so spot-on.
- Voting Should Be Mandatory.
- Are You Not Alarmed?
Things of Note:
I’ve missed the last two weeks of TTT due to some personal stuff going on, and general anxiety in our new Trump era. But I have that big beautiful list of good reading for you up above to make up for it. Have at it, and I’ll see you next week as usual.
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.