The run-down on some of my projects. These can be sewing, DIY, home improvements, art, Pinterest-inspired things, what have you.
As promised yesterday, here is my new list of goals that I hope to accomplish before my next birthday. On a sidenote, I might be getting old enough that I need to do like a half-age before age kind of list (i.e. 16 before 32). Or else fill it up with really easy things. To be mulled on for next year. Now, in no particular order:
- Go to a design conference. I’ve been to a blogging conference, and a freelance conference, but not a conference specifically for design.
- Staycation or vacation with Ian. After the wedding and honeymoon this year, a staycation might be the order of the day.
- Apply for a booth at Austin Comic Con for my screen printing shop. On the theory that maybe craft shows don’t reach my target audience.
- Redesign the blog. Good ol’ DD needs a web refresh.
- Open a retirement account. Still need to do this.
- Get my credit cards back below 50% used. They took quite a hit this past year.
- Go through my screen printing shop and de-list things I no longer like or want to do.
- Figure out what I want to do with art prints, since the lokta paper packs I relied on for supply are no longer readily available.
- Re-plant the front flower beds and back porch pots. They were neglected this year. Things died.
- Get to see my baby sister in person.
- Celebrate big time when we get word my mom is cancer free post-radiation. *fingers crossed*
- Do a heavy-duty clean out of my office: desk and shelves and closet. This is probably just ongoing, not ever complete.
- Learn how to use a quill pen. I bought one in Venice. Now just need to learn how to use it!
- Design a calendar.
- Re-shoot the art prints that I’m keeping with the new lightbox setup from the Kickstarter I backed. Once it gets here.
- Print & list some greeting cards in the shop. New idea, to see how they do.
- Order & hang wedding photo prints, and wedding guest ‘book’ (we had a wooden tree cut out that people signed).
- Go through my bookshelves and clean out what I don’t want to keep.
- Get rid of/sell excess wedding decor and stuff.
- Gain 12 new bundle clients for Studio Guerassio.
- Submit a design to Recovering the Classics.
- Submit an entry to Austin Art Boards.
- Submit a design to Cotton Bureau.
- Learn to bake bread.
- Wear my BetterBack 15 minutes each work day. Once it arrives from Kickstarter, that is.
- Buy/otherwise legally obtain a laptop or some portable way to work. Being desk-bound has gotten old.
- Have an awesome 1 year wedding anniversary!
- Double the number of listings in the digital shop (currently at 23).
- Read 6 of the business books on my TBR pile.
- Work out at least 1x per week.
- Learn how to curl my hair well/quickly. I can do it, but it takes me like an hour and doesn’t look all that great.
- Reach 1000 followers on my Twitter account for Studio Guerassio. Currently at just over 500.
Not too shabby a round-up, huh? And NO, ‘get pregnant/have a baby’ is not on the list yet. Just because I’m married now doesn’t mean I don’t have some shit to get in order before I/we can even think about having a kid (see: above list). Sheesh, people. 😉
What do you think? Am I biting off more than I can chew, or is this doable?
It’s that time of year again. No, not pumpkin spice season. Today is my birthday! I turned 31 in the wee hours of this morning. We are kind of Event’d out, though, so not doing anything big. Ian has something small planned for tonight, and then tomorrow we’re doing dinner out with a group of friends. Low-key, just how I like it! So, my annual check-in. Last year, I made a pretty ambitious list of goals to complete before this birthday. Then, of course, life happened. In some very good ways (got engaged and married!) and bad ways (finding out […]
As promised yesterday, here is my new list of goals to (hopefully) accomplish before my next birthday. Take a vacation with just Ian (I’ve pretty much decided this will go on the list every year). Get to see my little sister. Create a lookbook for the screen printing shop. Query 6 local shops about stocking my work (breaking into wholesale!). Pay off my credit card debt. Open a retirement account. Make this blog responsive. Reach 200 sales in the screen printing shop, and 75 sales in the digital shop. Design a calendar for sale. Launch a digital papers section in […]
Well, as of around 5:30am this morning, Mississippi time*, I am officially 30 years old. Yup. The big 3-0. Three whole decades of life. Honestly, it doesn’t feel like that long, or that big of a deal (though that won’t stop me from milking this milestone birthday for all that it’s worth – hence 2-week staycation 😀 ). A birthday means lots of things, but here on the blog it means looking over the goals I set last year for things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 30. So here we go: Host 6 brunch gatherings. I hosted 5 […]
Ok, you guys have heard me talking about how I’ve been working on the back patio and the front flower beds for awhile now, and it’s all. finally. DONE. So today you finally get to see the big before and after reveal! Be warned, this is a photo-heavy post. Take a look: The Back Patio All of those flower pots in the before picture are the same exact ones as in the after picture, just sealed and spray painted. And with stuff, you know, actually planted in them instead of them just sitting there empty. Add a new bistro set […]
As promised last week, here is the new master bathroom with it’s mini makeover! New paint job, new towel rack hardware, new switch plates, and a new decor piece. This didn’t get as much of a makeover as the bedroom, as I didn’t get a new shower curtain or towels (yet), but it still feels like a new room. Take a look: Yes, that’s carpet in our bathroom. I know, it’s weird. Whenever we get around to doing new floors, this is near the top of my list (right after the kitchen). But overall I love how the new color […]
I’ve been talking about painting rooms in the house for a few weeks now. I got sidelined for a little bit with my back being hurt, but this past week I finished up all of the little touches in the master suite. And today, I’m showing you our transformed master bedroom! A new paint job, new bedding, new switch plates, and new gallery walls, and I’m already loving the ‘new’ room. I’d still like to get some curtains – something light and breezy, semi-transparent – but that will come later. I went with all neutral, because we had a mix […]