A weekly round-up of links to interesting things I find around the internet. Links can range from funny to serious, and across all sorts of topics.
- Is The Internet Killing Creativity? “Think about it. We’ve focused all our efforts on making sure we get the tech right. That we follow the right UI patterns. That our sites perform well. For the best part of our short history, we’ve focused on creating a recipe for making websites. So let me ask you this: what’s the point of web designers if there’s a recipe?”
- Rewriting Art History: How the College Board Made AP Art History More Culturally and Racially Diverse.
- Are there too many art fairs?
- Why Science Fiction Matters. “The best science fiction, the science fiction that lasts, examines our society as it is and extrapolates out to what it might become. It issues a warning to all of us to understand the path we’re on and to reassess whether we want to stay on that path.”
- The self-reliant individual is a myth that needs updating.
- The stigma of doing things alone. “Why is it still seen as socially unacceptable to do things by yourself? And why is it always presumed that people don’t want to do things alone?”
- Science Says You Need To Be Wary Of Overly Polite People, Here’s Why. I already am.
- Nobody Catcalls the Woman in the Wheelchair.
- Can Gizmos Cure Insomnia? One writer’s quest to try them all and find out. For me, nothing’s worked better than melatonin tablets.
- McDonald’s serves books in Happy Meals for 2016. Still don’t like their food, but I can get behind this move.
Things of Note:
Not much news since last week. Had a book club meetup- good times. Our microwave died and we had to go buy a new one- ugh. Watched half of the Superbowl and then stopped because we were both bored- meh. I played around with my Silhouette Cameo some more, though, and have something in the works I’m super excited to share with you guys. It’ll be hitting my business blog next week, and I think you all will love it. I love it. Stay tuned.
How was your weekend? What’s the news from your neck of the woods?
PS: If you like these TTT readworthy posts and want to get them straight to your inbox, sign up here.