1. I’ve had a bit of low grade anxiety this week, for absolutely no reason I can fathom. Just restlessness and tense muscles. Home life is good, family is good, business is good – I even landed two new awesome projects in the last 2 weeks. So there’s no earthly reason I should be anxious. Though I have been more social than normal, as part of my push to network more for Studio Guerassio. Maybe I haven’t given my poor introvert soul enough downtime? Dunno. I booked myself a massage next week, hopefully that helps. (also possible that maybe I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop when things are going this well)
2. On the upside, I’m already killing my reading goal for this year. See that little 2016 Reading Challenge widget in the sidebar? Yeah. *flexes reading muscles*
3. I’ve officially burned through all of Person of Interest on Netflix, and am now in search of a new Netflix show. It’s tricky, because a lot of the good shows are one’s Ian wants to watch, too, but I need something I can watch on lunch break, or in the evening when he’s late getting home. Any recommendations?
4. Just a reminder that the sale is still going on in the screenprinting shop. I really do need to clear out those OOAK shirts! Everything is already sale price, and you can use code DDCLEAR16 for another 16% off.
5. If you’re a hopeless romantic and like pretty paper things, I launched a new series over on my business blog that you might want to check out.
What’s rattling around your head this Friday?
1. In October, after my name change and all, I re-launched my design business with a new focus and new name. It’s Studio Guerassio, and I focus on design & branding for the lifestyle sector (food & drink, writers, artists & makers, culture, events, balance & wellness). I’d like to ask a favor of all of my lovely readers: if you know a business owner or blogger or solopreneur who fits that focus and is in need of design work, please send them my way! I’d be über grateful. 🙂 2. Random thoughts on film and TV: I was browsing […]
1. I am having a shoe dilemma. Specifically, a wedding shoe dilemma. I want to wear comfy, no-heel shoes in a shade of purple that matches my wedding colors. I’ve bought 3 different ballet slipper possibilities. One was the perfect shade of purple, but had toe cleavage and fit a bit shallow all around- felt like it would fall off easily. Those got sent back. One fit perfectly, but the purple was a bit off and I feel like the style might be a bit too casual. Those I’ve kept, for now- might just turn into everyday shoes. The last […]
1. The boy (fiancé!) and I had a walkthrough at our wedding venue with their coordinator yesterday, and picked out which areas of the Villa we’re going to use for our ceremony and reception. Verdict: outdoor ceremony on the Lakeview Terrace, indoor reception in the Chapel (it’s called that but is not actually churchlike, thank goodness). Plus she walked us through the timeline for the day and little details we need to think about as far as who’s in charge of certain things, and placement of things like the guest book sign-in and all of that. It was super useful, […]
1. The puppy is high maintenance for the next two week. She got herself an ear infection, and also apparently dogs get seasonal allergies just like humans do. So we have an ear cream, a special shampoo, prescription pills and Benedryl. And most of those have to be attended to twice a day. Yeah. Fun times over here. Sienna is not loving it. I keep telling her she’ll love it after her ear and itchies are all better. She remains unconvinced. 2. She is not the only one who has had an un-fun doctor appointment this week. I had my […]
1. Currently sitting in my office while the A/C guys put in a whole new air conditioning system. Yeah. It crapped out Wednesday, only blowing warm air. Not the ideal situation when it’s 90 degrees outside every day. We have (had) an old system to begin with, and any fixes they did would have been temporary at best, and just need fixed again in a few months. Since Ian is tired of dealing with having to get this fixed so often, and we plan to rent this house out whenever we move to a new one, the whole system is […]
1. My shop is part of this fabulous fairytale giveaway, so if you’ve been eyeing that dragon print, go over and enter! Some other great fairytale-ish prizes, too. 2. Did you know Joss Whedon made a new movie? It was stealth released this past Monday on Vimeo. And it looks good (paranormal romance with lots of feels). I don’t know when that guy sleeps. But needless to say, a viewing party with a fellow Whedonite is on the books for this weekend. 3. I balanced all of my different accounts yesterday, scheduled a handyman to come fix some things, and […]