As promised, here is my list of things I want to accomplish before my next birthday! Take a look:
- Finish the restructuring of my design site. Been working on this a little while, would like to finish it up and launch sooner rather than later.
- Finish designing a calendar, and publish it. I’m actually working on it this week & in Nov.
- Submit a book cover design to Recovering the Classics. Moving from last year’s list to this one.
- Bond with my nephew. I get to meet him next week!
- Make 6 quality connections from conferences in the next year. I have 2 conferences on the books right now, so this seems doable. Quality over quantity, yeah?
- Have a vacation or staycation with Ian.
- Get new flooring in the kitchen. First: talk Ian into it.
- Revive the Dragonflight Dreams shop. Pay more attention to it this coming year.
- Go on a picture-taking walk once a month. I feel that my camera has been neglected.
- Try 1 new restaurant each month. I did this a few years back and it was fun.
- Read 4 business books.
- Launch a new series about menu design over on my design blog.
- Gain 12 new design clients (1/month).
- Purge my clothes closet.
- Purge my office/crafting closet.
- Land book cover work with a publisher.
- Learn how to do baby-related things. Change a diaper, swaddle, wear that wrap thing, etc. Nephew will be good for this.
- Get pregnant. Yup, I’m just going to sneak that in the middle here.
- Do 1 freezer prep session every month or 2 months.
- Get a water softener installed. First: See where it would fit.
- Repair the flower bed wall and trim our jasmine vines.
- Stay consistent with working out– (2x or 3x per week).
- Indulge in a mega pampering session: massage, facial, mani-pedi.
- Get through my NetGalley backlog.
- Explore how I can use my Silhouette machine for the shop. Particularly with making screens.
- Set up two lady coffee events per month – one more business-oriented, one more chill.
- Figure out a newsletter plan for design biz.
- Go to 4 AIGA events.
- Open a retirement account. Let’s see if I can knock this out this year.
- Be more consistent on Instagram – 1x per week.
- Practice hand lettering/brush lettering.
- Finish a Skillshare course.
- Hand make Valentines cards for 2017.
Ambitious but doable? Here’s hoping. I really think after this point, I’m just going to have to pick an arbitrary number of goals and use that instead. This is getting long.
Today is my birthday! I have, somehow, reached the age of 32 intact. I make myself a list of goals I want to accomplish before next year’s birthday each year. This is what I set for myself last year at this time. Let’s see how I did: Go to a design conference. Nope, did not make it to a design-specific conference this year. But I bought my tickets to HOW Design Live for next year, so it is happening! Also attended a freelance conference, and two business-y conferences. Staycation or vacation with Ian. Yes! We went to New Orleans for […]
As promised yesterday, here is my new list of goals that I hope to accomplish before my next birthday. On a sidenote, I might be getting old enough that I need to do like a half-age before age kind of list (i.e. 16 before 32). Or else fill it up with really easy things. To be mulled on for next year. Now, in no particular order: Go to a design conference. I’ve been to a blogging conference, and a freelance conference, but not a conference specifically for design. Staycation or vacation with Ian. After the wedding and honeymoon this year, […]
It’s that time of year again. No, not pumpkin spice season. Today is my birthday! I turned 31 in the wee hours of this morning. We are kind of Event’d out, though, so not doing anything big. Ian has something small planned for tonight, and then tomorrow we’re doing dinner out with a group of friends. Low-key, just how I like it! So, my annual check-in. Last year, I made a pretty ambitious list of goals to complete before this birthday. Then, of course, life happened. In some very good ways (got engaged and married!) and bad ways (finding out […]
As promised yesterday, here is my new list of goals to (hopefully) accomplish before my next birthday. Take a vacation with just Ian (I’ve pretty much decided this will go on the list every year). Get to see my little sister. Create a lookbook for the screen printing shop. Query 6 local shops about stocking my work (breaking into wholesale!). Pay off my credit card debt. Open a retirement account. Make this blog responsive. Reach 200 sales in the screen printing shop, and 75 sales in the digital shop. Design a calendar for sale. Launch a digital papers section in […]
Well, as of around 5:30am this morning, Mississippi time*, I am officially 30 years old. Yup. The big 3-0. Three whole decades of life. Honestly, it doesn’t feel like that long, or that big of a deal (though that won’t stop me from milking this milestone birthday for all that it’s worth – hence 2-week staycation 😀 ). A birthday means lots of things, but here on the blog it means looking over the goals I set last year for things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 30. So here we go: Host 6 brunch gatherings. I hosted 5 […]
I came across Erika’s post about a reverse bucket list through one of those internet rabbitholes you can’t really trace the path of afterwards. And the idea really struck me. You guys know I’m a fan of making goals lists. But I think it’s important to look back every once in awhile at all of the things you’ve already accomplished. Particularly if you’re stuck in a rut or feel like you aren’t/haven’t accomplished anything lately. So here are a bunch of things that might go on a bucket list, that I’ve already done. Feel free to make your own list […]