1. My shop is part of this fabulous fairytale giveaway, so if you’ve been eyeing that dragon print, go over and enter! Some other great fairytale-ish prizes, too.
2. Did you know Joss Whedon made a new movie? It was stealth released this past Monday on Vimeo. And it looks good (paranormal romance with lots of feels). I don’t know when that guy sleeps. But needless to say, a viewing party with a fellow Whedonite is on the books for this weekend.
3. I balanced all of my different accounts yesterday, scheduled a handyman to come fix some things, and cancelled a magazine subscription. All of which made me feel super productive and adult. 🙂
4. Gears have started turning on the more work-intensive items I want to put in the new shop. I’m looking through sample packs from local printers to see who would be a good fit for (digitally illustrated) art prints. And yesterday I started work on what will be the first blog template for sale in the shop. Exciting times!
5. Recipes will be coming back to the blog! I’ve got a new one to try out this weekend, I just have to remember to take pictures while doing it (I forget this surprisingly often when we cook something new). So there should be a new foodie post on Monday!
What are you up to this weekend? Working on anything new?
1. Truck by Truckwest Food Trailer Crawl. We bought badges and got out a bit on Tuesday night, but haven’t been able to use since due to the boy’s work schedule. But the weekend! Weekend is fair game and open swaths of time. We’re going to be hitting the food trailer circuit hard on Saturday and raking in the free-with-badge noms. 2. Texas Renaissance Festival. I’m always up for a good ren faire. So when a friend suggested it and I saw it was Pirate Weekend this weekend, I was in. Because I get to trot this costume out for […]
Right now, I am… doing laundry. Glamourous life over here. 🙂 happy that some paychecks came in today. wondering why I no longer receive text notifications about stuff being in my PO box. looking forward to the comedy show we’re going to tonight, and a friend’s all-day birthday extravaganza tomorrow. 😀 one day into a 30-day squat challenge. 50 was no problem. 250 by the end? Yeesh, we’ll see. excited that we’ve narrowed in on some plans for vacation later this summer, especially since it involves the beach. about to call my mom for our weekly Friday evening catch-up chat. […]
This past weekend was a good weekend. 🙂 I got to meet these lovely ladies at the Austin bloggers meetup on Saturday: Sarah, Beth, Jamie, Jenn, me, Shelley and Lani – and I promise we’re not all evil, despite the glowing eyes. 🙂 I also went to see this movie with the boy: It was pretty decent. Dragged a bit in the beginning, some surprises, some predictability but overall a good time. And then I got to see this very awesome live show with a few friends last night: That’d be the Airborne Toxic Event. Love them and their music, […]
Right now, I am… finishing up the last coat of wood stain on a cool project. drinking cream soda. feeling productive as I’ve cleaned the 1st floor of the house and gotten groceries for crepe brunch tomorrow. thankful that Ian took Sienna to her vet appointment so that was one less thing I had to find time to do. hooked on Veronica Mars (yeah, WAY late to the game). really glad it’s the weekend. all caught up on heat-setting things for the shop!! It’s incredibly tedious, but a good playlist makes it better. happy to have figured out something fun […]
Blogging kind of got away from me this week. I’ve been a bit frazzled and generally overwhelmed most of this week. So instead of a real post today, I leave you with this picture of my adorable dog and wish you a happy weekend: Here’s hoping I’ll be back to my A-game next week. 🙂
1. I am still trying to catch up on everything I missed over T-day break. I’ve managed to get the email and work stuff under control, but I’m still going through blog posts in my reader and such. It is one of my missions over the weekend! 2. I’ve got a very rough draft of the next design for the shop! It’s based on a good old quatrefoil/four-leaf clover. I’ve got to clean it up and make it symmetric, and I might add some barbs on the inner points, but this is basically it. I may make two different sizes […]