A little while back Angie from Lariats & Lavender tagged me in this post on her site. Holidays were a bit hectic, so I’m just now getting to it. Here it goes!
- You must post these rules.
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog.
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
- You have to choose 11 people to tag and link them on the post.
- Go to their page and tell them you have linked him or her.
- No tag backs.
- No stuff in the tagging section about ‘you are tagged if you are reading this.’ You legitimately have to tag 11.
Here are my 11 random facts:
- I am terrified of needles. This makes doctor/dentist visits stressful, and tattoos a no-go. Thank goodness I’m not diabetic. *shudder*
- I used to be an over-committer, agreeing to do/participate in/organize far too many things. Then I realized I wasn’t having any fun because I was too stressed out most of the time. Nowadays, I am very aware of my limits and have no problem opting out of social gatherings or voluntary professional things if I simply don’t have time/energy or don’t have an interest in the event. My friends may occasionally grumble that I don’t join them downtown on 6th street for drinks (not something I find particularly fun), but they’ve adjusted, I’m happier, and as a result I can better apply myself to the events that are important.
- I do not and never have liked spicy foods. I’ve tried (and my boyfriend has tried to sway me). My tolerance meter has budged a tad from living in Texas and being constantly exposed to salsas and barbecue sauces, but anything more than mildly spicy I won’t enjoy, simple as that.
- I moved to Austin, TX from Ohio on a whim – it was decided rather abruptly, then two days later I moved across the country to a city I’d never even visited before. It’s one of the best things I ever did, even if it did about give my mom a heart attack.
- I self-published a book of poetry back in 2007. I’m still rather proud of it, even if it’s only sold about 15 copies. You can check it out here.
- I was a nude model for life drawing classes at my college (only after taking the class myself). Hey, it paid $20/hour! And it was the final step towards curing my stage fright, haha.
- In my youth I participated, at some point, in all of the following athletic activities: ballet, tap dance, gymnastics, horseback riding, softball, swimming, scuba diving, basketball, track, cross country, and soccer. Nowadays I stick to Pilates, walks with the puppy, bedroom exercise (ahem), and plan to get my scuba license renewed.
- I have a fascination with medieval weaponry. I have taken archery lessons, and have a collection of knives and swords. I would love to learn to throw knives, and fence.
- For most of my life, I was a cat person. I still love cats and wish I could have one, but Ian is allergic. That, and the fortuitous event of my sister’s dog (the best dog ever, Levi) having puppies has led to me being a dog mama. Now my little furkid Sienna is the best dog ever (sorry, Levi), and I love her to bits.
- My middle name is Jane, and there was a short time where I considered going by the nickname AJ. But I didn’t end up doing it. My cross country coach called me AC, though (last name is Cobb). But don’t ever call my Mandy if you want to stay on my good side.
- I’ve saved some petals from every bunch of roses Ian’s ever given me. They are in a clear glass vase on a bookshelf next to my desk. It’s quite pretty, and makes me smile.
Here are my answers to the 11 questions Angie posted for me:
- What’s your favorite smell in the entire world? Freshly baked cookies. And my boyfriend’s bodywash. And my puppy after she’s had a bath.
- What’s a secret little dream you have? I wish I had wings. Totally not a realistic dream, obviously, but how awesome would that be?
- You open a new box of colored pencils, which is the first color you take out and scribble with? Probably turquoise.
- What is your favorite accessory that you own? This is a tough one. I’ll have to go with my brown & lace belt.
- You can go anywhere in the world for dinner tonight – where do you go and with who? With Ian, of course, and to Venice for some real Italian food.
- What is your spirit animal? (An animal you draw inspiration from, basically.) A dragon, duh.
- It’s a rainy afternoon, what are you doing? Working, playing on the computer, reading, or watching silly Lifetime television.
- What’s a book you thought you’d hate, but ended up loving? I honestly can’t think of one. I like a lot of books. I can think of a few that were the opposite (thought I’d love, but actually hated).
- Describe one of the best birthdays you’ve ever had: Hmm, probably when I was in Australia. I got to go to beach and then went out for a tapas dinner and drinks with friends. It was pretty awesome.
- Come up with a silly nickname for yourself: I already go by Dragonlady in the online world, so I’ll go with that.
- What would be in your dream garden? Funny you should ask! I actually am starting the whole gardening thing in a few days (Texas climate is friendly like that). To start with I’ll have tulips, daffodils, and irises in lots of pretty colors. The ultimate dream garden would be a combination of lots of pretty flowers and shrubs, with a fountain and butterflies, and some veggie/fruit plants, too.
For my 11 people I tag, I choose:
Zezelia, Caitlin, Lexy, Tricia, Jamie, Polly, Susannah, Nicole, Miss Lou, Ada, and Manda Jane.
You guys don’t have to do this. but it’d be fun if you did. 🙂 If you do, link up to your post in the comments!
The 11 questions tagged people should answer:
- How did you end up living where you do now?
- How did you come up with the name for your blog/site?
- What’s a hobby or talent that you have that most people would be surprised to learn?
- Your favorite baked good:
- Your favorite place to shop for clothes:
- Tell us one embarrassing fact/habit about yourself:
- Best gift you’ve ever gotten:
- If you could go to any museum or historical monument in the world, where would you go?
- Name 5 things in your immediate vicinity. Be specific:
- What is your favorite song at the moment?
- Your top goal for 2012:
!!! I am SO glad you did this, I loved reading your facts and answers!!! As for your facts, I hear you on needles. *shiver* And I am a total over-committer. >.< I wasn't a fan of spicy food until I moved in with Jen! She ADORES making non-spicy food hot, hot hot. Like, Tabasco sauce on eggs hot! I actually have grown fond of spicy foods, but I can't eat them all the time!
And finally, your vase of rose petals sounds so lovely!
It was pretty fun to write – thanks for tagging me! 🙂
I loved doing this meme! 🙂 BTW if it makes you feel better, I have a phobia of needles left over from when I had cancer as a child, but for some reason have nowhere near the same fear with tattoos. I guess it’s because they don’t really penetrate the skin in the same way as a hypodermic needle…it’s more of a burning sensation than a poking, if that makes sense.
Somehow my brain missed the fact that you had already done this post, even though I remember reading it. Lol! Oh well. Glad you had fun reading mine!
Thanks so much for tagging me! I’m late jumping into this, but will be doing the meme later on either tonight or tomorrow morning when I have more fun. Fun! I loved reading your answers!
Yay! I look forward to it. 🙂