I had such fun with both the Cold Hands Warm Hearts gift swap, and the holiday gift swap through Etsy Texas Crafters, that I decided to organize one of my own! So, introducing the Be My Valentine Gift Swap!
How It Works
- Sign Up. Let me know you want to participate. Just fill out the form below!
- Create Your V-day Wishlist Treasury. All items in your treasury should be $20 or less,and need to be from shops within the US (due to shipping timeline). Your treasury should have some sort of Vday theme, but how you interpret that is up to you. 🙂 Please include the tag ‘Be My Valentine Swap 2012’ amongst your other tags so we know we’re looking at the right one. Your swapper is picking your gift from this collection, so make sure you would actually want to receive any of the items you include! I’ll also be sending out a list of Etsy shops belonging to swap participants after the sign-up deadline has passed, if you want to double the Vday love and include something from fellow swappers in your treasury.
- Swap Away! I’ll let you know who your swappee is, their address, and where you can find their blog & treasury. Then browse their selection and decide what to send them! Just make sure the Delivery address in checkout gets changed to your swappee’s. It should be noted that the person you’re sending a gift to will likely not be the same person sending one to you – we’re spreading the love around!
- Show Off Your Gift. We’ll do a blog party link-up on February 14 to show off our treasuries and the awesome item our swap partner decided to send. There will be a link-up at the bottom of my post that day so you can all link up your posts! Feel free to include the button above on your post, as well as links to your swap partners.
- You need to be a resident of the United States. (Sorry, but I literally just thought of this swap idea yesterday, and the timeline doesn’t really allow for international shipping this year – maybe next year!)
- You should have some sort of blog to showcase the item you receive.
- You need to have an Etsy account in order to create a treasury (not a shop, just an account).
- Treasuries need to abide by these rules: All items $20 or less. All items from shops in the US (due to shipping times). Tag your treasury with ‘Be My Valentine Swap 2012’.
- Complete all steps by the dates listed below!
Dates to Remember
- Sign Up Deadline: January 16, 2012 – you MUST sign up with me by this day in order to participate.
- Treasury Deadline: January 23, 2012 – your treasury should be complete by this day to give your swapper time to peruse and decide.
- Order/Ship Deadline: February 1, 2012 – you should order the gift for your assigned swapper by this date AT THE LATEST so it has time to travel to them.
- Blog Post Day: February 14, 2012 – aka. Valentine’s Day. Write (or schedule) your post for this day, and don’t forget to come back to Dragonflight for the link-up!
Just fill out this form here:
Sign up for the 2012 swap has closed. Check back next year! (it’ll be open to international participants then, too)