Things I learned from my experience at this weekend’s TxSC blogger conference:
- It’s harder to recognize bloggers in person based on their outfit photos/the picture in their sidebar than I had anticipated.
- I am still really bad at small talk and approaching people I don’t know to talk. I’m not trying to be unfriendly/unsociable, I promise.
- 2 hours is about my limit for really crowded, really loud parties. Then I go into sensory overload and need to get OUT.
- Even if you know DST is kicking in and you’re losing an hour, set a reminder! Otherwise you WILL still forget and have to miss eating a meal before rushing off to events. And then scare the person sitting next to you at the symposium when your stomach starts rumbling loudly.
- I will get excited about free stuff even if it’s something I would never have bought for myself otherwise.
More in-depth recap with pictures and new friends later this week. 🙂 I’m off to sleep – this weekend was good but exhausting!
i really wanted to go to txsc! it sounded like it was so much fun. i’m the same as you… i can’t really tolerate loud, crowded parties/ places… actually two hours sounds like a really long time for that! x
Two hours did seem long, and that was still leaving pretty early for the event’s given hours! I did have a good time, but there’s definitely a limit as to how much social activity I can handle in a set time period.
Oooh! I desperately want to go to a blogging conference, so I love reading about other people’s adventures there… Can’t wait to see more about your trip!
(And I totally messed up DST, too, despite all my best intentions. Whoops.)
I hadn’t really put much thought into the whole idea of blogger conferences, but then this one popped up on my radar and was right here in my city, so I thought, why not? It’d definitely have been harder/less likely for me to attend if it had been farther away or more expensive.
It was great meeting you! I totally understand about small talk and approaching people. I end up looking aloof, but I’m really just super awkward!
I love your etsy shop, by the way! Really cute designs. 🙂
Thanks!! It was great meeting you, too. 🙂
I totally tried to pump myself up beforehand and be like “you can talk to people, it’s no big deal” but then as soon as I got into the room all that went out the window. Lol. #fail