- The Miracle Drug that Could Kill All Cancers. Do I really need to add anything here?
- How to Care for Introverts : spot on, this. Please keep in mind in your interactions with me, haha.
- An interesting article that offers a viewpoint counter to the ‘do what you love’ advice we see everywhere: I Quit My Passion and Took a Boring Job. Thanks to Caitlin for the link.
- I was just introduced to the Socially Awkward Penguin meme this past week (thanks Kaelah!), and I’m torn between laughing and going “oh my god, that’s so me” at them.
- Looking at the issue of race in the Game of Thrones, and fantasy in general. Also, please realize: the name of the book series is A Song of Ice & Fire, and Game of Thrones is only book 1, not the name of the entire book series.
- An edible cookbook! I’m intrigued by this, but also don’t think it’s a useful design in the long run.
- This is pretty nifty: Gowns of the Internet, social media sites reimagined as evening gowns. I like the Twitter one.
- Somewhat related articles about how great creative work happens: What Motivates Us To Do Great Work? and Why I hate the myth of the suffering artist.
The hockey game on Saturday was a good time (possibly helped by the fact that our home team, the Texas Stars, kicked butt)! If you ever have a chance to go to a minor league game, I highly recommend. Here’s some Instagram snaps: