Stealing this list/meme from Emma’s blog. I’m guessing the full name of the list is “99 Things to Do Before You Die” since it seems like a bucket list type of deal. 52 out of 99 isn’t bad for not even being 30 yet, I think. 🙂
1. Started your own blog – um, hi. You’re here. So yes.
2. Slept under the stars – Yup. Though I highly recommend a tent to counteract the bug factor.
3. Played in a band – I played flute in the school band, and also pit percussion during marching season.
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower – Yup, several.
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland – I’ve been to Disneyworld, so I think that counts.
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo – in my car, or in the kitchen, all the time. 😉
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris – In middle school.
13. Watched a lightning storm – Several, they are pretty, if alarming when they’re close by.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch – Yup. Screenprinting, in fact.
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning – Yes, and it’s a miserable, horrible experience. Activated charcoal tablets are your friend.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – no, sadly. The first time I was in NYC was after 9/11, so missed my chance.
18. Grown your own vegetables/fruits
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Yup!
20. Slept on an overnight train – Yup, several times.
21. Had a pillow fight – I grew up with 3 sisters, what do you think?
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – Oh yeah.
24. Built a snow fort – it was partially made of tree/bush branches, but there was some packing of snow and a fortified intent.
25. Held a lamb
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise – I am on one at this very minute!! (in Alaska). Yay for scheduled posts. 🙂
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – Multiple times.
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community – field trip in elementary school
36. Taught yourself a new language – Still in the process of learning Gaelic
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted – I was going to say no, but then I remembered I was a model for a painting class one summer. So yes!
48. Gone deep-sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – Yup!
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling – Both, several times each, in all sorts of places. 🙂
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud – I’m sure I did this when I was little.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business – Currently self-employed, so automatic yes.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching – by the time this posts, yes, I will have! It’s one of the excursions we’re doing on the cruise.
63. Got flowers for no reason – All the time, for myself, because I like pretty smell-goody flowers.
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – no because needles freak me out
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – Yes. It was creepy and sad. Dachau in Germany.
67. Bounced a check – I feel like this must have happened, but I can’t actually remember an instance. I have overdrawn my debit card, though, which is kind of the same thing.
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – there’s still a few select favorites in my old room at my mom’s house.
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar – not a fan.
72. Pieced a quilt – no, but I also don’t really have an interest in this.
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone
78. Been a passenger on a motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – no, but I really want to.
80. Published a book – a book of poetry, Penchant.
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper – I’ve had pictures of myself, and also pictures that I’ve taken in a newspaper (I interned as a photographer at newspaper in college)
85. Kissed a stranger at midnight on New Year’s Eve
86. Visited the White House – I’ve seen it several times, have never been inside. Does that still count?
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous
92. Joined a book club
93. Got a tattoo
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
This is such a fun list! I personally like “goal list” more than “bucket list” ’cause I don’t believe in them, so nyah! 😛 Haha! Anyway… Bull riding should SO be on there. Riding a bull is one of the most amazing experiences EVER and you really do feel invincible afterwards. Have fun on your cruise, pretty lady!
How about 99 Goals to Achieve Before Kicking the Bucket? Haha
Bull riding… I’ve watched it, and… I don’t think that’s something I will ever try. Threat of pain is a big deterrent for me, haha.
Glad someone stole it from me as I stole it from someone too .. !!
I look forward to reading about the whale watching .. that’s something I have always wanted to do!
These kinds of posts making the rounds makes thieves of us all, haha.
Whale watching recap will be up in the next few days sometime! 🙂