- I find this to be a very interesting idea: Cities Offering to Pay Student Debt to Gain Young Residents.
- 6 Ridiculous Lies You Believe About the Founding of America. I knew most of these, though I didn’t realize plague killed off such a crazy large percentage of Native Americans.
- Scientists say that testing female athletes to make sure they’re feminine enough is not cool. I have to agree.
- Things to ponder as my 10-year high school reunion looms this fall: How to Survive Your High School Reunion.
- Apparently Apple had a clothing line back in the 80’s, and it is the very essence of that decade.
- The Single Greatest Conversation Starter Ever. I’m not sure what to think about this, but I’m entertained.
- Join in on the Summer Hair Challenge: no leave-ins, no heat, no sprays for one day only. Snap a picture and send it in.
- Possibly the sweetest graduation gift ever. That dad is awesome.
- 6 Foods that are Evil. I couldn’t agree with #1 more.
- TV Boosts Self Esteem… If You’re White & Male: a sobering article, though sadly not surprising.
- This quote: “The food you eat can be either the safest and most powerful form of medicine, or the slowest form of poison.” – Ann Wigmore. Food for thought. (see what I did there?).
Things of Note:
There’s still time to enter my Shabby Apple $50 giveaway!
I got another letter from my Lovely Letters penpal! Yay! It’s a good long one, too. 🙂 I’ll be writing a reply this week on my new stationery (she got new stationery, too – funny how letter-writing makes you want pretty paper goods).
Giveaway winners: your known & mystery prizes have officially been sent out! Watch the mail this week.
We were out of sweet tea yesterday morning, so I had to start my day with apple juice instead. It just wasn’t the same, and I felt off all day. I restocked last night, so this morning is back on track.
Conundrum: I would like to start walking the puppy first thing in the morning every day, BUT it’s so hot out even then, I would need a shower afterwards for sure. But I need a shower beforehand to feel fit for public. I don’t want neighbors to potentially see me all greasy icky, but I don’t want to have to shower twice in the space of an hour either. I feel this will probably be solved in the end by an ever elegant baseball cap.
Speaking of dog walking, we took the puppy in a different direction than we normally go on our walk the other night, and discovered a previously unknown shortcut to the nearby shopping center. Wherein resides my beloved Pita Fusion. That’s right. I can walk there. Easily. This might just revolutionize my lunchtime routine (and my bank account balance).
I know I said I was sticking to pillows for sewing projects for awhile, but I have this dress that I want to turn into a shirt because of some holes I didn’t notice when I swapped for it. I think this will be fairly easy, or at least manageable. I just trim to the length I want (above the holes!) and hem, yes?