I’m linking up with Paige for this week’s Tuesday 10, and the theme is Top 10 Places You Want to Travel. Here are my top 10 dream destinations:
- Ireland. The whole thing, not just one particular spot/city. I’ve had a
obsessionfixation with the Emerald Isle for as long as I can remember, and have not yet made a journey to its shores. This needs to be remedied ASAP. There’s a reason I’m learning Gaelic.
- Italy. Particularly Rome and Venice, but again really all of it. I’ve been to Europe a handful of times, but sadly this has not yet been one of my stops. The art! The pasta! The Mediterranean! Plus, the boy is at least half Italian, so he needs to visit his ancestral homeland. 😉
- Greece. Birthplace of so many great ideas and myths. And have you seen those villages of whitewashed buildings nestled right on the shore of the Mediterranean? I’ll take a vacation home there, please.
- Fiji. It’s kind of just hanging out there in the vast Pacific, alone with its cool name. I don’t know, it’s just been on my list ever since I heard about it.
- Scotland. Cousin to Ireland in language, and home to great accents, kilts, and all sorts of crags and lochs.
- Turkey. It’s a part of the world I’ve never been to, with a great history all its own (Constantinople anyone?). Plus it’s both democratic AND secular, which I won’t fully believe until I see it (because, let’s face it, the government here hasn’t been secular since… well, ever).
- Egypt. To see the pyramids and the Nile.
- New Zealand. It’s beautiful (did you see Lord of the Rings?) and close to another favorite of mine, Australia.
- The Grand Canyon. I’ve flown over it a handful of times, but have never seen it at ground level.
- Hawaii. Tropical beaches and volcanoes, what more could you want?
Usually hosted at Mom 2 Memphis and Ruby
but hosted at The Eloping Stethoscope until August!
Don’t forget these two things:
- Enter the June Group Giveaway before Friday at midnight.
- Snag a sponsor spot before July 1st for 20% off with code JULY12DD.
Love your first choice! 🙂 The Emerald Isle is a wonderful place, although I’m pretty biased! Let me know if you go swing through town and I’ll give you my top recommendations! Clare (Irish) 🙂
I will hit you up for recommendations if/when I finally make it there, for sure! 🙂
Love your list! I had such a hard time narrowing it down to 10 places because I want to visit so many and you just brought up a few more that I want to travel to! I need a traveling savings account with a lovely donation from a family member or something. haha
I know what you mean! I need a big lottery winning or a long-lost great uncle twice removed who decides to leave me his very large estate in order to fund all my travel dreams.
Although, the boy has mentioned Hawaii as a possibility for our trip next year, so that might actually happen!