- If you haven’t already seen it, check out this adorable baby gorilla reacting to a cold stethoscope.
- Why Is Everyone on the Internet So Angry? A look at why people find it so easy to be aggressive online.
- The Land of Big Groceries, Big God, and Smooth Traffic: What Surprises First-Time Visitors to America.
- An Essay About People Who Aren’t Dicks: one waitress’ story about kindness from unexpected quarters.
- A great tutorial for a DIY Ombré Wall. (and this whole site in general is just chock full of awesome DIY projects)
- After all the Chick-fil-A hubbub recently, this was refreshing: Chick-fil-A in New Hampshire Goes Rogue, Announces Plans to Sponsor Gay Pride Festival.
- A great post from Dana on how copycats devalue the whole market. This applies to so many areas, not just handicrafts.
- This recipe from Kristy looks amazing: Pan Seared Halibut with Fresh Peas and New Potatoes.
- Ways You Should Expect To Be Treated In A Relationship – a good relationship, that is. Some good points here.
- 5 Reasons Getting Older Rules – a great post from Danielle.
- For other folks out there living life without a water softener: 4 Ways To Beat Hard Water Hair.
- One of my affiliates is offering a special coupon code for you folks. Use code AM22UGL for 10% off your order at eShakti now through August 31 (does not apply to overstock items). Bonus? It can be combined with other offers. I’m still on a shopping hiatus, so you’ll have to enjoy this one for me. 🙂
Things of Note:
The boy is on a weird work schedule this week, which is taking some adjusting to for both of us. He’s only home in the morning & very early afternoon, which means we don’t get much hang-out time this week because that’s the time I have to be working. Long story short is that lunch is now the big, we-cook-and-eat-together meal, and all of my evenings are free for the week. Next week it’s back to normal, but it looks like we’ll have a week like this once every month from now on. Ch-ch-changes.
The upside is that with evenings free I have lots of time to actually do stuff. Not that I don’t normally do stuff in the evenings, but this is just-for-me/bf-wouldn’t-be-interested stuff. Like watching that sad romantic movie from Netflix that’s been sitting there forever. Or going to see a chic flick by myself at the theater. Or tackling that maxi dress DIY I’ve been eyeing for awhile and finally got fabric for (gorgeous purple color, if you’re wondering – doing this tonight). Or doing a major closet cleaning. Or tons of shop & blog stuff that’s been sitting on my to-do list. Yes, I’ll miss Ian time this week, but by gosh I’ll be productive in the meantime!
How’s your week going so far?