- If you haven’t already seen it, check out this adorable baby gorilla reacting to a cold stethoscope.
- Why Is Everyone on the Internet So Angry? A look at why people find it so easy to be aggressive online.
- The Land of Big Groceries, Big God, and Smooth Traffic: What Surprises First-Time Visitors to America.
- An Essay About People Who Aren’t Dicks: one waitress’ story about kindness from unexpected quarters.
- A great tutorial for a DIY Ombré Wall. (and this whole site in general is just chock full of awesome DIY projects)
- After all the Chick-fil-A hubbub recently, this was refreshing: Chick-fil-A in New Hampshire Goes Rogue, Announces Plans to Sponsor Gay Pride Festival.
- A great post from Dana on how copycats devalue the whole market. This applies to so many areas, not just handicrafts.
- This recipe from Kristy looks amazing: Pan Seared Halibut with Fresh Peas and New Potatoes.
- Ways You Should Expect To Be Treated In A Relationship – a good relationship, that is. Some good points here.
- 5 Reasons Getting Older Rules – a great post from Danielle.
- For other folks out there living life without a water softener: 4 Ways To Beat Hard Water Hair.
- One of my affiliates is offering a special coupon code for you folks. Use code AM22UGL for 10% off your order at eShakti now through August 31 (does not apply to overstock items). Bonus? It can be combined with other offers. I’m still on a shopping hiatus, so you’ll have to enjoy this one for me. 🙂
Things of Note:
The boy is on a weird work schedule this week, which is taking some adjusting to for both of us. He’s only home in the morning & very early afternoon, which means we don’t get much hang-out time this week because that’s the time I have to be working. Long story short is that lunch is now the big, we-cook-and-eat-together meal, and all of my evenings are free for the week. Next week it’s back to normal, but it looks like we’ll have a week like this once every month from now on. Ch-ch-changes.
The upside is that with evenings free I have lots of time to actually do stuff. Not that I don’t normally do stuff in the evenings, but this is just-for-me/bf-wouldn’t-be-interested stuff. Like watching that sad romantic movie from Netflix that’s been sitting there forever. Or going to see a chic flick by myself at the theater. Or tackling that maxi dress DIY I’ve been eyeing for awhile and finally got fabric for (gorgeous purple color, if you’re wondering – doing this tonight). Or doing a major closet cleaning. Or tons of shop & blog stuff that’s been sitting on my to-do list. Yes, I’ll miss Ian time this week, but by gosh I’ll be productive in the meantime!
How’s your week going so far?
Good luck getting all that stuff done! and thanks for the time wasters. 🙂