Linking up with Lena for the Tuesday 10. 🙂
1. I used to play WoW (World of Warcraft). The recent new expansion has made me consider re-activating my account, but honestly I think I’m done with it.
2. I do still play The Sims 3. Miniature lives completely under my control AND getting to go crazy with architecture/interior design? Yes, please. There may or may not be a mini-me, mini-Ian and mini-Sienna.
3. I was definitely a nerd back in high school. In the band, National Honor Society, salutatorian, and I took so many AP classes I had enough credits to start college as technically a sophomore. I also played soccer and was co-captain one year, so that mitigates the nerd level somewhat, yes?
4. I read a LOT. In the past 7 days, I’ve started & finished 3 books. Those books are usually of the fantasy/sci-fi persuasion, but not always. There’s a good dose of historical fiction and romance in there, too.
5. I wore glasses from 2nd grade to 7th grade before upgrading to contacts. And they were pretty horrible-looking glasses. The pair I occasionally wear now is much better.
6. I’ve dressed up as a character from a book for Halloween before.
7. I have written emails to authors I admire and totally squealed when they actually wrote back.
8. In the past, I’ve loved sci-fi shows like Battlestar Galactica, Firefly, and Stargate Universe. Right now I’m working my way through Warehouse 13 and Fringe.
9. I’m really good to have on your team in any game involving Rebus puzzles or spelling.
10. I took archery lessons for awhile and still think it’d be really cool to learn how to sword fight.
How about you? Any geeky traits you want to own up to?
jsbcfdvs Firefly! <3
I live off of urban fantasy novels and have been known to finish 3 books in a day…
Nice! I’ve done 2 in one day before (usually while traveling) but I’m not sure I’ve ever done 3. 🙂
Ooo! We love Warehouse 13! Have you ever seen Eureka? If you like Warehouse 13, you would enjoy Eureka…I think it is on Netflix…
It is on Netflix, and I actually watched the first 5 or 6 episodes, but it just didn’t pull me in. I’ll probably still go back and finish it at some point.
I’m loving Warehouse 13 so far, though. We just started season 2. 🙂
So… I reactivated my WoW account on Sunday. IT’S SO FUN. I’m really glad I did. The pet battles are amazing.
BSG is probably my favorite tv show of all time 🙂
You are making me reconsider it. 🙂
I have a hard time picking just one favorite of anything, but BSG is definitely up there.
I’ve written to authors before, but I’ve never gotten a letter back. That’s fantastic!
I have too many geeky habits to own up to: I go to conventions, my house has a room that is dedicated to comic books and lego and I constantly bore my friends and family with factoids about Henry VIII.
It was pretty fantastic – hence the squealing! 🙂
I have not yet been to a convention, though I want to go to DragonCon some day.
I think nerdiness and geekiness is having a renaissance in the US and England. It’s suddenly mainstream to be a geek — to love Dr. Who and Harry Potter and Star Wars — which is fine by me. Now the rest of the world finally “gets” what we’ve been on about, ha!
Also, I am addicted to The Sims 3. Right now I play two families in two separate towns, I call one “The Pretty Family” and one “The Ugly Family,” for reasons you can probably figure out. I’ve also been known to hear Simlish in my head. Sul sul!
Hahaha, awesome – another Sims addict! I just got the Supernatural expansion the other week and have been playing with that. I’ve got a family of fairies right now, and will probably try out a witch next. 😀
I don’t hear Simlish in my head, but I do get all the load screen music and buy/build mode music stuck in my head. I’ll find myself humming it randomly.