1. I really want to meet more local bloggers (in person!), but there doesn’t seem to really be a local blogger meetup, at least not of the lifestyle/non-professional blog kind. Which means I should probably just organize one myself if I want it to happen. But aside from that being daunting (where? when? doing what?), the thing that keeps me from really jumping into it is that I’m afraid no one would actually show up. Like, I’d invite Austin area bloggers I follow & like, but then they’d all RSVP no or something. Or there’d be a bunch of ‘maybe’ RSVPs but no one would follow through. I probably just need to get over this and try, but my psyche is clinging persistently to this fear.
2. I’ve been giving serious thought lately to doing something other than design as my day job. What, I don’t know yet, but pretty much any idea would require going back to school or more capital than I have. At the very least, in the short term, I’m going to try to come up with ways to augment my income – typographic prints or pre-made blog templates or something. Because I like the actual act of creating a design, I am just frustrated with it always being subject to a client’s whims (read: bad taste) and having to live paycheck to paycheck.
3. I’ve made no secret of the fact that I occasionally enjoy a good juicy romance novel. Every time I read one, though, I think ‘man, I could write one of these‘ and consider doing so.
4. This year will be the first Christmas that I haven’t spent with my family (or at least one member of it). I’m bummed I won’t get to see my mom or sisters, more than I’ve probably let on to Ian (his family is coming here for Xmas). I do get to see my mom for Thanksgiving, but I’ve no idea when I’ll get to see my sisters next.
5. I really want the next Sims 3 expansion (Seasons!) that comes out this week, but it’s going to have to wait. Saving up money for the T-day roadtrip and Xmas presents is the priority right now.