- Awesome video of the week! The gay men of College Humor have an ultimatum for those opposing gay marriage: Let them get hitched to each other, or they’ll start marrying your girlfriends. This was hilarious. Best quote: “You are Death Stars, and we’re an army of FABULOUS Luke Skywalkers.”
- Who would win in a fight between Tolkien characters and Game of Thrones characters? George RR Martin weighs in.
- Good points from the lovely Vanessa: The real reason why your blog isn’t getting any comments.
- 15 Text Messages You Wish You’d Get
- Violence against women: who can make the biggest difference?
- 11 Things Everyone Needs You to Know
- Do your normal online shopping by visiting Ebates first, and earn easy cash back on your purchases. No catch or gimmicks. I’ve gotten a couple of checks from them already.
- Gelatin made with human DNA will make snacks safer. Not as creepy as it sounds, I promise.
- Good tips from Gala Darling: Lessons I Learned From Writing Love & Sequins, Or, How To Create A Digital Product That Earns You Squillions!
- Fetal personhood and criminalizing abortion: a prosecutor’s perspective. This is a really good read.
- Bonnie’s thoughts on how blogging is like high school (scroll down a bit).
- And finally: Tiny dragon discovered in Indonesia. I knew they were real!
Things of Note:
Work has been super slow lately, so I’ve been getting lots of random things done around the house. Finally putting pictures in those frames and getting them on the wall, sewing on missing buttons and fixing holes, weeding flowerbeds, laundry… I’ve also been reading a lot, and finished up the book portion of my Fifty/Fifty challenge. And overall it’s been a nice break from the normal flow of things, even if I do get restless occasionally. Next week we’re heading up to Ohio for Thanksgiving with my family, and also my 10-year high school reunion. Gulp. I admit I’m a teensy bit anxious about it.
Also, our weather here seems to have realized it’s November. It was 45 degrees when I woke up this morning. We’ve finally switched to running the heat instead of the A/C, and I am appreciating the Keurig even more on these cold mornings.
How’s your week going?