This week’s list of read-worthy things. If you’re looking for Tuesday 10, just scroll down.
- Awesome thing of the week: This Isn’t the Petition Response You’re Looking For, the official White House response to a petition aiming to secure resources and funding, and begin construction of a Death Star by 2016.
- Random fun thing of the week: Giant Rubber Duck Swims in to Sydney Harbor.
- A less happy link from Down Under: A disturbing glimpse of Australia’s wildfires as seen from space.
- PSA: Your Default Narrative Settings Are Not Apolitical. An interesting read on historical accuracy and bigotry in the world of fiction.
- There’s More to Life Than Being Happy. Food for thought. “It is the very pursuit of happiness that thwarts happiness.”
- 10 Things You Should Never Say To A Woman In Her 20’s.
- 4-Cheese Stuffed Shells in Marinara. A yummy-looking recipe from Niki.
- The Twitter Confessional. One [awesome] tweep’s thoughts on online vs. real friendships, and getting over being unfollowed.
- The village where people have dementia – and fun. Intriguing article about a curiously uplifting care home near Amsterdam.
- Wanted: Mars colonists to explore red planet. The Netherlands-based nonprofit Mars One, which hopes to put the first boots on the Red Planet in 2023, released its basic astronaut requirements.
- Why certain color combinations drive your eyeballs crazy. Science backs me up about horrid color combinations.
Things of Note:
Along with the list of readables above, I thought I’d join in with Lena’s Tuesday 10. The theme this week is Dream Jobs. So, if I wasn’t doing the freelance design thing, here are some other jobs I’ve daydreamed about:
- Owning a bookstore. Lots of wood surfaces and character required.
- Owning a clothing boutique.
- Interior designer.
- Fine art photographer. (as opposed to journalist photog or portrait photographer – I basically don’t want to work with people while doing photos, haha)
- Famous published author.
- Wedding planner.
- Personal shopper.
- Casting director for movies/shows.
- Fashion designer and/or Project Runway participant. Haha, I know. Sewing skills REALLY need to be upped first.
- Video game designer.
How about you? What are some of your dream jobs?