- Lots of yummy-looking recipes floating around on the web this week: Crock Pot Caramel, Brownie Batter Dip, Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore, and Avocado Quesadilla.
- The End of Courtship? : “Traditional courtship — picking up the telephone and asking someone on a date — required courage, strategic planning and a considerable investment of ego (by telephone, rejection stings). Not so with texting, e-mail, Twitter… it removes much of the need for charm; it’s more like dropping a line in the water and hoping for a nibble.”
- While they may have trouble finding dates, College students can track scents like bloodhounds.
- Watching is not doing (confronting the spectator problem).
- Archetype Me. Find your archetype. I’m equal parts Creative, Intellectual, and Caregiver.
- Might have to try out this app, thanks to a heads-up from Mia.
- One man spent 30 days being “super productive.” This is what happened.
- Ever feel insecure or avoid having your picture taken (who hasn’t)? Then this post is for you.
- A new site for bookworms: Bookish.
Things of Note:
So, the Superbowl thing happened. We sort of watched it (neither me nor the boy are big into football, but you know… excuse for football junk food). And was it just me or were the commercials more sentimental than usual, outweighing the funny ones? I damn near cried at the Clydesdale commercial. Also, all the jokes on Twitter about the blackout had me rolling. That kind of thing is why I love Twitter. 😀
This week it’s business as usual. Next week, much to my dismay, Ian has his late shift week. Yup. Valentine’s Day evening will be spent solo for this girl. Whomp whomp. We had already planned on doing Vday stuff on the weekend instead, but still. And those weekend plans are yet to be determined. Ian is pretty much leaving it up to me because, as he says, Valentine’s Day is really for girls anyway. Who said romance is dead? Le sigh. But he did snap up the Groupon for The Emerald Restaurant, so we’ll be doing that awesomeness sometime in the next few months (they are notoriously booked up around Vday).
Also, shopping ban is a go, and I’m staying strong so far. Amber & I are keeping each other on track and accountable.
How’s your week going so far?