- Lots of yummy-looking recipes floating around on the web this week: Crock Pot Caramel, Brownie Batter Dip, Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore, and Avocado Quesadilla.
- The End of Courtship? : “Traditional courtship — picking up the telephone and asking someone on a date — required courage, strategic planning and a considerable investment of ego (by telephone, rejection stings). Not so with texting, e-mail, Twitter… it removes much of the need for charm; it’s more like dropping a line in the water and hoping for a nibble.”
- While they may have trouble finding dates, College students can track scents like bloodhounds.
- Watching is not doing (confronting the spectator problem).
- Archetype Me. Find your archetype. I’m equal parts Creative, Intellectual, and Caregiver.
- Might have to try out this app, thanks to a heads-up from Mia.
- One man spent 30 days being “super productive.” This is what happened.
- Ever feel insecure or avoid having your picture taken (who hasn’t)? Then this post is for you.
- A new site for bookworms: Bookish.
Things of Note:
So, the Superbowl thing happened. We sort of watched it (neither me nor the boy are big into football, but you know… excuse for football junk food). And was it just me or were the commercials more sentimental than usual, outweighing the funny ones? I damn near cried at the Clydesdale commercial. Also, all the jokes on Twitter about the blackout had me rolling. That kind of thing is why I love Twitter. 😀
This week it’s business as usual. Next week, much to my dismay, Ian has his late shift week. Yup. Valentine’s Day evening will be spent solo for this girl. Whomp whomp. We had already planned on doing Vday stuff on the weekend instead, but still. And those weekend plans are yet to be determined. Ian is pretty much leaving it up to me because, as he says, Valentine’s Day is really for girls anyway. Who said romance is dead? Le sigh. But he did snap up the Groupon for The Emerald Restaurant, so we’ll be doing that awesomeness sometime in the next few months (they are notoriously booked up around Vday).
Also, shopping ban is a go, and I’m staying strong so far. Amber & I are keeping each other on track and accountable.
How’s your week going so far?
I really enjoyed the “30 Days of Super Productivity” article. I’m doing the same this year but I’m breaking it down by months. I have a post coming out on Monday about what I’ve learned on planning, because like he said, you have to find what works for you. I have found what works for me and I’m loving it. I’ve been getting so much more done!
Also I checked out his other stuff. He has some great posts! I’m going to start following him all together. Thanks!
Scratch that, I’ve changed up my Monday post a bit. Just thinking out loud here. 😉
Yay! Glad to hear it. I’ll watch for your post on Monday, changed up or no. 🙂 I’m still trying to find what works best for me, though it definitely seems to be more mood-based than schedule-based.
I hear ya, mine’s a bit of both, mood and scheduled. Sometimes one more than the other. Life is fickle that way. 😉
Oh my gosh I just joined Archetype Me! Why do I have a feeling all my free time is going to be gone?
What was your result? I just did the quiz part, didn’t create a page or anything.
Totally thought the stupid Clydesdale commercial was a tear jerker. COME ON! I seriously got a little misty!
GO YOU! I KNOW you can rock this ban!!!
Right?! Gosh. It made me hug my dog.
6 days in and still going strong on the shopping ban, woo! 😀
Thanks for featuring my little post! You’re brave for doing a shopping ban. I can hold off on shopping when I don’t have the funds to do so, but I think the idea of “banning” it altogether makes me feel trapped!
You’re welcome! The problem I run into with combination shopping + uneven freelance pay schedule is that I’ll shop when I have money, but then hit an unexpected dry spell with freelancing and suddenly be short, whereas if I hadn’t shopped (at least as much) the issue would be alleviated. So this month is my attempt to see how zero clothes shopping affects that. So far so good!