- Fun cartoon of the week: Guide To Understanding The Introverted…
- No More Yoga Pants: How to Dress Like a Frenchwoman. “American women always like to point out that getting dressed is hard work, but really, we make it hard because we give ourselves too many options. French women have very small wardrobes, and they wear the same pieces — the same outfits, even — over and over. When Gabby and I talked about this, she pointed out that the American impulse is to look in the closet and say, “I can’t wear that, I just wore it on Tuesday!” French women, on the other hand, say, “That looked great on Tuesday — I think I’ll wear it again.” Find what works for you and repeat, repeat, repeat.”
- Teaching My Daughter to Love Her Future Body.
- How Do I Write How-Tos + Still Get People To Hire Me? A good + useful article from Sarah.
- 25 Things They Should Have Taught Us In School. Agreed.
- Monogamy Hasn’t Gone Out Of Style. Also agreed.
- Understanding How to Frame Your Creative Expertise.
- One Danish professor is arguing that we should only work 25 hours per week. I could get behind this.
- 50 Sure Signs That Texas Is Actually Utopia. I’m not a native Texan, but I agree with a surprising amount of these. Plus the commentary is funny.
- 32 Of Life’s Most Underrated Activities.
Things of Note:
I discovered this weekend that I am a Disney purist. The boy surprised me with an early Valentine’s present: tickets to see the traveling Broadway production of The Lion King, which was a great surprise and fun show. But in order to make it a standard stage-length show instead of movie-length, they had added in a few songs. And it was clear Elton John and Tim Rice hadn’t laid a finger on those additions. Apparently the boy is a Disney purist as well, because he heartily agreed. Luckily it didn’t really detract too much from the show, and the puppetry was amazing. Definitely a good time. 🙂
Aside from more Vday stuff later this week, we’re doing some house upkeep. We’re finally attending to all the little annoying things that need fixing around the house (or rather, paying a handyman to attend to them). Doors that don’t shut properly, toilets that run unless you jiggle the handle, leaky faucet replacement – that kind of thing. It’s step one in our fix-up-the-house plan. After these little things, next on the list is re-tiling the kitchen. It’s currently got cheap linoleum that’s peeling up in a few places, and the boy & I would both prefer some real tile. Then more floor stuff in other areas of the house, and once all that’s done I can paint! There will be color in our beige beige world!
No, it’s not a new house. The boy has lived here for 5 years, and myself for 2.5. I’m not sure why it took until now for him to want to do all this kind of stuff, but I’m not complaining! Maybe it’s because we know in a few years we’ll be moving to a new place and he wants to rent this place out. Doesn’t hurt that it will make it nicer to live in while we’re here, too.
Anyway, that’s what’s up in my world lately! How are things in your world?