- Funniest new blog to read: WTF, Evolution? (thanks Sarah for making it known to me!)
- Honesty and Openness in an Online World
- Bon with some thoughts on Blogging About Blogging.
- The ubiquitous anti-feminism of young adult romances. I hadn’t really noticed this before, but it’s true in a lot of cases.
- Transplanted Brain Cells Can Outlast The Body’s Biological Clock.
- 4 Totally Weird (and Crazy Effective) Time Management Tips.
- 33 Creative Bookshelf Designs. I want #3. And #15. And #29. And #31. 😀
- 5 Easy Ways to Spot a B.S. News Story on the Internet. Yes. Please read this, internet dwellers.
- The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food.
- This quote from Jack White:
“Years ago someone told me that 1,200 high school kids were given a survey. A question was posed to them: Have you ever been to a stand-alone record shop? The number of kids that answered “yes” was… zero. Zero? How could that be possible? Then I got realistic and thought to myself, “Can you blame them?” How can record shops (or any shop for that matter) compete with Netflix, TiVo, video games that take months to complete, cable, texting, the Internet, etc. etc? Getting out of your chair at home to experience something in the real world has started to become a rare occurrence, and to a lot of people, an unnecessary one. Why go to a bookstore and get a real book? You can just download it. Why talk to other human beings, discuss different authors, writing styles and influences? Just click your mouse. Well here’s what they’ll someday learn if they have a soul; there’s no romance in a mouse click. There’s no beauty in sitting for hours playing video games (anyone proud of that stop reading now and post your opinion in the nearest forum). The screen of an iPhone is convenient, but it’s no comparison to a 70mm showing of a film in a gorgeous theater. The Internet is two-dimensional…helpful and entertaining, but no replacement for face-to-face interaction with a human being.”
Things of Note:
I got my hair cut for the first time in about a year yesterday, and I’m happy with it! The new ‘do should make an appearance on tomorrow’s What I Wore. And I think I’ve finally found a non-Supercuts salon to consistently use. Double hurray! It’s Organics here in Round Rock, for the curious. I’d tried a handful of others in the area, and was just never completely happy with the experience or the result. Hence postponing a haircut for a year. But no more!
Reminders for Local Austin Peeps! The Taste of Round Rock festival of yumminess is tonight; the Texas Style Council free mixers for bloggers are this weekend; I will be at both, hope to see you there! 🙂
I looked at the WTF Evolution link and those poor animals. Evolution was clearly high when he/she made those!
Right?! Haha, that site is too hilarious. I crack up reading through it.
LOVE those bookshelf designs!
Me too!!!! Though what I really want is a normal/slightly cool bookshelf that secretly slides aside and opens into a secret passage/room. 😀
Well that of course would be AMAZING. Dare to dream!