- A fun Game of Thrones parody: School of Thrones. Worth watching just for their version of the opening credits.
- Surviving A Workout Plan & Healthy Diet When You Love TV, Cookies And Sleep Too Much – “Chances are, if you aren’t already a physical specimen, the thought of entering a gym and working out in front of gorgeous, fit, tight, ripped, strong people seems unappealing. If you’re the least bit self-conscious it can be an uncomfortable experience. Is my form right? Why am I struggling to lift this much weight when they’re lifting that much weight? Why is everyone’s treadmill moving faster than mine?” – this is me.
- Astrobiologists Find Ancient Fossils in Fireball Fragments: clear evidence of panspermia, the idea that life exists throughout the universe.
- Does the science of aging suggest we’re ‘programmed to die’?
- A telling photo series: Photos of Children From Around the World With Their Most Prized Possessions.
- What Americans Keep Ignoring About Finland’s School Success: the Scandinavian country is an education superpower because it values equality more than excellence.
- What Are Men Good For? – “Since we have artificial insemination… are men still necessary? Every so often some writer or thinker gets the big idea humanity has finally transcended Nature and wonders if we can ignore the laws of the natural order. Usually it’s a man. This time it’s a man… asking about the power of women.”
- An excellent post from Kristen about Proper English. Amen.
- Another excellent post, this time from Kallah about Love Languages & Compromise. I suspect Ian and her husband have much in common.
- Should you give your stuff away? And, a blogger’s guide to etiquette PT.1. Good reading & advice.
Things of Note:
The results of the wedding wear poll last week were resoundingly in favor of Look #2. So that’s what I ended up wearing to the wedding on Saturday. Sadly, due to rushed prep time (our hotel room wasn’t ready until 5:15 – the wedding was at a different location at 6), there wasn’t time to snap too many photos, and there definitely wasn’t time to check that they turned out. And it turns out every single pic Ian took of me in that outfit came out blurry. But I wanted to at least give you guys an idea of how it turned out in real life, so here’s the comparison:
Also, while we were in Houston for the wedding, we also made a few fun stops. I got to meet up with Whitney for the first time in real life, which was a lot of fun. 🙂 I’m trying to convince her to come visit Austin (she’s never been!) so she’ll fall in love with it and want to move here and hang out with me, haha. Only half joking. This is us after our brunch date:
We also got to stop by the Houston Museum of Fine Arts, which was HUGE. Like, spread amongst multiple buildings with an underground tunnel that connects them huge. We didn’t have a whole lot of time, since we had to hit the road and be back in Austin to pick up Sienna from doggie day camp, but we still saw part of it. There’s some cool stuff there.
Other than that, this week is work as normal for me. Ian’s on late shift, which means I have free evenings to fill all week. So far that has meant diving into Downton Abbey season 1 and lots of reading. I also probably need to do some cleaning around the house, particularly my closet/our bedroom. Clothes explosion, you guys. I swear I can’t keep clothes properly hung up/put away for more than a day or two.
How’s your week going?
Loving the dress! It looks great on you! Thanks for sharing! Xo, M&K at brewedtogether.com
Thank you!! 🙂
Excellent articles, as usual! I always look forward to these roundups.
Aw, thank you! I’m glad when people find them interesting/useful. 🙂