- Wealth Inequality in America: 9 Out Of 10 Americans Are Completely Wrong About This Mind-Blowing Fact.
- Video proof that dragonflies are nature’s ninjas. The frog is the best part.
- Stop working (so hard). “I’m currently working the fewest hours per week I ever have in my professional life, and I’ve never been more productive.”
- A Childless Bystander’s Baffled Hymn. I know this has caused a lot of uproar in the blogosphere, but I can see where he’s coming from.
- Candid Thoughts on Modesty – a really great post by Elizabeth on how modesty, as a value, can actually be harmful to girls’ self esteem/self image.
- Photo Series Shows Squirrels in Scenes of Everyday [Human] Life – yes, just as adorable as it sounds.
- Sarah wrote an insightful post on how to Put Your Money Where Your Happy Is.
- Why I Charge More: A Designer’s Open Letter to His Future Clients. Yup.
- 20 Ways to Improve Your Eating Habits Slideshow.
- Women Aren’t Perfect (And We Shouldn’t Expect Them To Be). “Of course, we shouldn’t let people of any gender off the hook if their behavior actually harms themselves or other people, but continuing to aggressively and wantonly police female behavior only perpetuates the feelings that women are always being watched and judged, as if society were a giant beauty pageant where no one wins.”
- Michelle made a simple tutorial for adding a Back to the Top button to you blog (on Blogger – there are plug-ins to do that on WordPress).
- BBC to Adapt ‘Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell’ as Mini-Series – Yes! I will be watching this.
- This is kind of cool: Frank Lloyd Wright designed a dog house for a boy who offered to pay him with money earned on his paper route.
Things of Note:
Hello, internet friends! I am having a pretty good week so far, I hope you are, too. Nothing crazy monumental happening here, just lots of small good things. Those paychecks finally showed up. I met some nice gals through GirlfriendCircles.com yesterday for coffee and we talked for 2 hours(!) and plan to meet up again. I have a big project wrapping up today and for once it’s low stress, as I have everything on my end done. And I’ve been in a make-things and cook-things mood, which is always good. I’m not even minding the fact that the Texas sky is still being all gloomy out instead of its normal sunniness. Not to beat you over the head with my cheeriness, but I think I was due, especially after last week’s mope-fest, haha.
How’s your week going?
Oooh, that parenting article was interesting. I agree that there are a lot of issues with modern child-rearing (helicopter parents, constant undeserved praise, etc.) but I also think it’s hard for somebody to give solid advice about that when they don’t have kids.
Great picks as usual!
Yeah, I know what you mean. I thought he raised some good points, but then again I’m not a parent (yet) either, so it’s hard to say.
And thanks! 🙂