- Funny video of the week: Old Spock vs. New Spock. It may be a car commercial, but it’s still dang funny.
- Awesome video of the week: When did you choose to be straight?
- Why Employees Shouldn’t Have Hours. “The traditional 9-to-5, 40-hour work week is just that: traditional. It’s a fossil from an era when the number of hours an employee clocked on a production line was a simplified measurement of productivity.”
- Do authors ever prefer the movie to their own book?
- Coverflip: Author Calls for an End to Gendered Book Covers. This is one of those things I hadn’t consciously thought about, but now that it’s been pointed out – wow. Kind of ridiculous.
- Smokin’ Hot Wives and Water to the Soul. Interesting piece on the current obsession among evangelical pastors with having “smokin’ hot wives”.
- A Warning To The Girls Who Will Idolize Daisy Buchanan (from The Great Gatsby). Yes, this.
- Two good articles: The Terribleminds Guide To Hitting On The Ladies (spoiler alert: don’t) and Schrödinger’s Rapist: or a guy’s guide to approaching strange women without being maced.
- Female ‘Purity’ Is Bullshit.
- It’s Time to Retire “Boob Plate” Armor. Because It Would Kill You.
Things of Note:
*yawn* I’m pretty sleepy today. Yesterday was a bit of a beeotch. But! I did finally completely finish the project that’s been languishing on my craft table, and the table is now free! Back to screen printing. 🙂 And yes, a post on said project will be coming later this week.
Reader peeps/80’s kids: did any of you grow up watching The Last Unicorn cartoon movie like I did? Got a bit of nostalgia for it? Well, the movie and the author of the book it’s based on are coming to the big screen here in Austin (and a bunch of other cities!). I present The Last Unicorn Screening Tour. I already snagged some tickets, and may or may not be disproportionately excited about it. 😀
Also, a new Torchy’s Tacos is opening here in Round Rock, this week on the 16th. They’re offering one free breakfast item to anyone who stops by between 7am-10am. Free yummy breakfast taco? Yes, please.
What are you up to this week?