If you’re here for the Preview to Summer Blogger Book Swap, scroll down.
- Laugh-worthy thing of the day: visit Gizoogle, type in your Twitter name, enter, and visit the first link. Too funny. Here’s mine.
- Life Lessons in Fighting the Culture of Bullshit. Possibly the most realistic commencement speech ever.
- More great advice from the Adulting blog: How to Share Your Cause or Beliefs Without Being a Total Jerk.
- 6 Social Situations That Aren’t A Big Deal, But Give Me Anxiety. Funny, but also yes on #1,2,3 & 6.
- 10 Beautiful Words About Love That Don’t Exist in English.
- Engineering students design a shoe that harnesses energy from walking.
- Measles surges in UK years after [false] vaccine scare. Is anyone really surprised by this? This is what happens when you don’t vaccinate your kids.
- Good food for thought from Nadine: The Momentum of Mediocrity.
- Masturbation Is at the Root of the Culture Wars. “The questions that self-pleasure raises are foundational: to whom do our bodies belong? What is sex for? Tell me how you really feel about masturbation, and I can more or less predict how you’ll feel about the more frequently debated “sex war” issues.”
- Practice Makes Perfect? Not So Much, New Research Finds.
- This recipe for mini apple pies looks amazing.
- 25 Signs You’re Addicted To Books. Oh god. Every single one of these!
- Things We Don’t Say Enough (And When To Say Them).
Things of Note:
Not much to report over the long weekend. Ian’s been down with a sinus infection since last Friday, so we mostly stayed close to the house the past few days. We did get out to see Star Trek Into Darkness, which we both enjoyed. I mostly just wanted to close my eyes and listen to Benedict Cumberbatch talk. That voice, you guys. And so much house time meant I was able to buckle down on some shop things that have been percolating awhile. More about that next weekend- which, by the way, is my 2 YEAR Blogiversary. !!! 2 years. That’s some craziness right there.
Also, I got my package for the Preview to Summer Blogger Book Swap I participated in. I was paired up with Taylor and she sent me this lovely box of goodies:
2 books, a journal, an elastic bookmark, and some other odds and ends. Good books in the mail is one of my favorite things. Thanks, Taylor!
How are things in your life lately?
oh my god the twitter thing xD One of my tweets says “my fuckin ass is filled wit gratitude” I am dying of laughter over here.
Also, yes to most of those anxiety things. Especially things on menus I can’t pronounce
Hehehe, I was cracking up at mine as well. Too funny.
This is the second book swap post I’ve read. I missed OUT!
I will try to remember to let you know you whenever I see another one!
Looks like you got some awesome things in the book swap! Is the thing with the pink typewriter a journal? It looks so cute!
And I saw Star Trek this weekend too, at the drive in, and loved it. Agree about Cumberbatch, what is it about British boys and their accents? Have you ever seen this page, it’s ridiculous but awesome: http://benedictcumberbatchreadingthings.tumblr.com/
Yes, it was a journal!
It’s not even so much that he’s British (though, agreed, that helps), but just his voice. It’s so deep.
And I’m pretty sure I can only take that site in small doses, or I’ll just be a puddle on the ground. 😀
I’m in love with Benedict Cumberbatch since the first time i saw him on Sherlock!!
love your package.
I actually saw him in Atonement first, and didn’t immediately make the connection when I saw Sherlock. He’s just so CREEPY in Atonement. But yeah, I’m a fan. 😀
Newton’s Cannon is new to me. Have you read it yet? That journal is just adorable. Isn’t Taylor the sweetest? I just love her!
I haven’t read it yet, but it’s on my to-do list! 🙂
That notebook is so cute!! And you can’t go wrong with Sherlock Holmes!
True, I do love me some Sherlock Holmes. 😀