Today is something a little different and fun! I’m linking up with Audrey and Natalia for the 7×7 Remix Challenge. The idea is that you pick 7 pieces of clothing (shoes count, for this one), and can only use those items to make 7 different outfits (i.e. a week’s worth). Accessories don’t count, so jewelry, belts, scarves, and all that can be mixed and matched and piled on. It’s meant to help you get the most out of your closet, and look at the things you have in a new way. Here are the items I picked:
1. Navy tank top with white polka dots (LOFT)
2. Grey v-neck t-shirt with black dragon screen print (my shop)
3. Neutral tribal print t-shirt (Old Navy)
4. Olive skinny pants (Bianco Denim – Ideeli)
5. Wine maxi skirt (Victoria’s Secret)
6. Light denim wash skinny jeans (Victoria’s Secret)
7. Strappy, flat tan sandals (Blowfish Shoes)
And here are my outfits. Being the overachiever that I am, I came up with 9:
I like some of these more than others, and a few surprised me. I hadn’t tried a maxi skirt as a dress before, and kind of love it. Also, I’m considering wearing that hat more. Overall, this challenge was a lot of fun, and definitely helped me think of new ways to style and mix items to get different outfits. There will likely be more of these types of posts in the future. It’s hot as balls here right now, so all of these are very much summer weather outfits. If I do this again in the fall or winter, I’m going to cheat and lump shoes in with accessories, so I can work an outerwear piece in.
What do you think? Have you ever done a remix challenge before? How many pieces did you work with? How did you like it?