- Oddly mesmerizing video of the week: What the hell is going on with these deer? “For close to three minutes, this huge herd of deer can be seen lining up in orderly fashion to bound calmly and gracefully over a fence, one by one. Then, out of nowhere, the deer turn tail and jump back over the fence, en masse. What the hell, deer? WHAT DO YOU KNOW THAT WE DON’T?”
- 25 Things You Should Know About Young Adult Fiction. Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. Thank you, Mr. Wendig.
- How Reading Makes Us More Human
- You Just Broke Your Child. Congratulations. A message to dads from a dad.
- How To Thrive Even When Business Is Slow. Summer is my slow time for both businesses, so I’m definitely doing some of this.
- School blocks girl from football, says boys may have ‘impure thoughts’. Speaking as the older sister of a girl who was on the HS football team, this is just ridiculous and infuriating. But, I do love the girl’s response: “I know that we’re growing up, but honestly wouldn’t those thoughts mainly be directed to the cheerleaders – not someone who is in full pads?” Lol.
- 27 Companies That Aren’t Afraid To Support The Supreme Court’s Gay Marriage Rulings. Yes!
- Scientists Clone a Mouse From a Single Drop of Blood. The future is here!
Things of Note:
I took an unintentional mini break from blogging for a few days. It was good. It was the first un-hectic real weekend Ian and I have had together in awhile. It was relaxing and awesome. But now it’s back to real life. Ian’s back at work. I’ve got design projects and shop stuff to work on. Sienna is at the vet because she’s got some weird spotty hair loss thing going on. And there’s a holiday weekend coming up. Pending whether the vet says Sienna can attend doggie day camp, we’ll be going out to the lake on Saturday for cliff jumping and grilling and swimming.
How are things in your life lately? Do you have anything planned for the 4th or this weekend?