- Gut feelings: the future of psychiatry may be inside your stomach.
- Measles Outbreak Traces To Vaccine-Refusing Megachurch. Well, duh. This is what happens when you ignorantly refuse vaccines.
- What I Won’t Tell You About My Ballet Dancing Son
- Are you going to take part in Blogtember?
- No More Chick Lit.
- The three critics in your head while you work, and how to silence them.
- How cool culture co-opted geek culture.
- Love Me, Love My Instagrammed Oatmeal.
- justdelete.me – A directory of direct links to delete your account from web services.
- 25 Diptychs of Hot Guys and Cats Striking Similar Poses. Exactly that, and hilarious.
Things of Note:
When I go to the front-end of this site, seeing the new design still surprises me. I had the other/old one for so long, my brain just expects to see it. It’s like I don’t even know my own site anymore! Haha. In all seriousness, though, still loving the new look. 🙂
I had a nice relaxing weekend, and then last night got to hang out with some fellow blog ladies over a laid back coffee gathering. This week is super slow, work-wise, so I’m tinkering and tweaking this place, and also revamping the content of my freelance site. It’s nice to have time to finally get around to the stuff that’s been stewing in my head/on my to-do list for awhile. 🙂
Other than that, the only real plans this week are to go see The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones by myself on lunch break some day (the boy has zero interest), and then go to BASHH on Thursday. Any fellow Austinites headed to that?
What have you got planned for this last week of August?
Thanks for linking to Blogtember! I think I might participate in that. The prompts look fun. Also, the last link with the men and cats…amazing. My coworkers and I laughed over that for a good 10 minutes. Haha!
I meant to comment and say that I love your new blog design! It looks nice and I love the purple. 🙂
The prompts do look fun! I’ll be taking part in a good handful of them. My sister sent me the cats & men link – I might’ve snorted my drink through my nose laughing, haha.
And thank you! I love the purple, too. 😀
I heard about the measles outbreak, and I was just asking my husband if he know if that group was one that refused vaccinations! That’s what can really be dangerous!
I am baffled by people/groups that refuse vaccinations. They put everyone around them in danger. I just want to shake them and say “Don’t you know how science works?!”
I went to see City of Bones with a group of girls last Friday. Really enjoyed it (and the gelato we got before the movie as well!)
I ended up getting a bad head cold this week, so I haven’t been out to see it yet – glad to hear you liked it, though! 🙂