- Powerful photo series of the week: India’s “Abused Goddesses” Campaign Against Domestic Violence
- Fun photo series of the week: This Unique Engagement Photo Shoot is To Die For.
- Two awesome cartoons: Why Feminism Matters, and If Other Professions Were Paid Like Artists.
- A science mystery: WTF Is This Weird Web-Tower Thing? We Asked Around. No One Knows.
- Don’t Ask What I’m Writing. Yup, this every time.
- Why Etsy’s brave new economy is crumbling. Not sure I’d agree that it’s crumbling, but resellers and copycats are a problem.
- Former President Jimmy Carter thinks our democracy is in trouble. I agree.
- Dani’s excellent post about Attacking the Concept of Happiness.
- Google crunches data on munching in office – interesting.
- The Case for Writers to Play Video Games. Like I needed another reason.
- 20 Questions That Men And Women Are Afraid To Ask Each Other (With Answers!)
- The Person vs. Personal Branding.
- Toys R Us to stop gender-biased marketing – good!
- Julie wrote a great post on The Entrepreneurial Curse, and How to Avoid It.
- Are You (Subconsciously) Afraid of Success?
- Apparently K-Cup Soup is a possibility. I’m not sure how I feel about this.
- Why Dressing Up is Not a Crime of Fashion. Exactly.
- 35 Questions That Will Change Your Life
Things of Note:
Another lazy weekend around here. I’ve got the dragonfly screen ready to paint, just need to go pick up some paint today. Also anxiously waiting for certain freelance payments to come in. Still doing 30 Day Shred workouts, still sending out freelance inquiries and quotes. Lots of little housekeeping/to-do list tasks getting done until the fiscal year rolls over at the end of this month and I get flooded with work again. That’s about all the news here.
How are things in your world lately?