- Thought-provoking video of the week: The Innovation of Loneliness.
- Cool art series of the week: High Speed Flower Explosions by Martin Klimas, and Cozy-Looking Clothes Carved From Stone.
- 4 Ways School Is Getting In The Way Of Your Education
- Introducing The To-Do List Organized By Emotion. An interesting idea.
- An excellent post from Bonnie on why she has sponsors: To People Who Complain about Sponsors: A Rant
- A map of the world’s happiest countries. Hint: the US is not at the top.
- The wealthy’s compassion deficit. Rich people are more likely to lie, cheat and steal than the poor, studies suggest.
- 10 Signs Someone Is Smarter Than You.
- 27 Perfect Ways To Respond To A Wrong Number Text
- 10 Things You Suddenly Start Caring About Once You Graduate College
- Dinosaur DNA cannot be extracted from amber. Looks like Jurassic Park won’t be happening.
- Ladies, What’s Up With the ‘I Feel Like’ Verbal Tic?
- Dear parents, you need to control your kids. Sincerely, non-parents. Not what it sounds like.
- I Don’t Want To Be Carrie Bradshaw. Yes, thank you! The first line nails it.
- This Bullshit Job Title Generator is amusing.
Things of Note:
Our oven went kaput last week, and after attempts to fix it by both myself and the boy, it was decided it’s time had come. So we went range shopping over the weekend and picked a new one out. It comes tomorrow! Am I completely domesticated if I’m overly excited about this? It’s got self-cleaning and convection baking and a cooking timer and a middle griddle burner on top (yeah, our old one was old). It’s already been decided that date night tomorrow night will consist of remaining home and using the oven.
In other news, I finished painting the dragonfly screen this weekend. There was an iffy moment where a paper towel got stuck to the still-drying paint and I thought I’d have to start over. But a little bit of sanding once it was dry fixed the issue. I’ll be printing some with it today.
Out New York trip is coming up in 3 short weeks. I’m trying to wrap my head around what to pack. It’s going to be a bit of a climate shock going from Austin to upstate New York. I’m thinking of doing a 7×7 remix challenge to limit the number of things I have to pack. Thoughts/advice? Also, it should be gorgeous up there with all the trees changing color. I will try to take lots of pics, promise.
What have you been up to? How are things in your life lately?