- Epically awesome video of the week: Lip Sync Battle with Joseph Gordon Levitt, Stephen Merchant and Jimmy Fallon
- I Am An Object Of Internet Ridicule, Ask Me Anything
- Every Every Every Generation Has Been the Me Me Me Generation. “Basically, it’s not that people born after 1980 are narcissists, it’s that young people are narcissists, and they get over themselves as they get older.”
- Write What You Know: Roasting That Old Chestnut
- IBM’s Watson Got Potty Mouth
- Why Women Should Travel Alone
- I kind of want one of these new kinetic desks. Too bad about the price tag.
- Maybe you get bad customer service because you’re a bad customer.
- Why We’re More Creative When We’re Tired, And 9 Other Surprising Things About How Brains Work
- We Are Terrifyingly Close to the Climate’s ‘Point of No Return’
Things of Note:
So. October 1st. That came up suddenly, huh? We are now 75% done with 2013, wrap your head around that. Yeesh. But, on the upside, October is awesome. It’s my birthday month, and is full of Halloween candy, and tasty cider and pumpkin-y things. There’s the bonus trip to NY this year, too, which means I’ll actually see some autumn in action, not just hear about it. It also means I only have a few spare weeks left to try to tackle things on my 29 Before 29 list.
I’ve been busy printing up all of the leftover long-sleeve stock from before my decision to move to a new stockist. I’m hoping to get those up in the shop this week before heading out of town. I also spent this morning fixing my professional website. I don’t know what it is about my install or theme or what, but it seems any contact form plug-in I try spazzes out after a little while, breaking my whole site. Usually the day after I send out lots of quotes and bids, too, which is just awesome. (heavy sarcasm)
Anyway, that’s how things are rolling here. How are you doing this week?
Thank you for including the link to that customer service article. I could relate to it on so many levels. You always have such awesome links in your Tuesday Treasure Trove posts.
Aw, thanks! I’m glad you enjoy TTT. And yeah, I really liked the customer service article – whenever I’ve heard “The customer is always right” I’ve always thought “No, no they aren’t.”