- Video of the week: A white lion cub practicing her roar. Too cute.
- Probably the most useful summary of this whole shutdown business that I’ve read.
- We Are the Government – great post by The Bloggess about the shutdown.
- On a lighter note, 15 Weirdest Effects of the Shutdown
- 7 Ways Manners Are Disappearing From Our Society
- Your Boss Doesn’t Owe You A ‘Fun’ Job
- Really good advice: How To Stay Focused When You Get Bored Working Toward Your Goals and also 25 Things You Keep In Your Life That Are Only Holding You Back.
- Beware of the “Spotlight Effect”. I am guilty of this.
- 10 Easy Things That Will Make You Happier, Backed By Science
- 6 Books That Destroy Your Image of the People Who Wrote Them
- 17 Awesome Literary Halloween Costumes. #15 cracks me up.
- 20 Essential Words We Got From Literature
- 5 Benefits Of Having A Smart And Successful Wife
- If You Don’t Really Want It, Stop Doing It. Yes, this.
- On Being Good: the Secular Virtues.
Things of Note:
Apparently I was in a list-reading mood during this week’s link gathering. 🙂 Some good stuff up there, though, seriously.
I’m off in upstate New York as you’re reading this. I scheduled this post before I left, so I don’t have any idea what I’ll actually be up to this fine Tuesday. I hope it’s a fine Tuesday; it could be raining. Who knows?! See, this the kind of chaos bred by scheduling blog posts in advance.
Since I don’t know what I’m up to, how about telling me what you’re up to?