- The art of asking: or, how to ask and get what you want. “You have to actually ASK for what you want. It sounds so simple to write this, and almost insanely easy advice. But there are too many people who do not ask for what they want. They’ll tell you a story, email you to say hello, spend hours talking in circles about their idea, hedge and hum about a faint aspect of their idea—and somehow hope amongst all the befuddlement that somehow the other person they are talking to will be able figure out what is is you want and help you solve your problem. You need to put it out there.”
- 3 Ways To Make Your Clients Feel Really, Really, Really Appreciated
- The latest argument for putting your f-ing phone down: San Francisco Train Passengers Too Distracted By Phones To Notice Shooter’s Gun In Plain Sight
- On Science, Communication, Respect, and Coming Back from Mistakes – more nonsense that needs to stop.
- It’s True: You Talk Too Much
- Bon’s Teaching Philosophy, applicable to any age group of kids, I think.
- Cool: Christian Louboutin Makes Nude Pumps In Multiple Shades for Different Skin Tones.
- Your Cornerstone of Awesome – “I’m not really telling you guys these things to impress you so much as to remind myself of what I am really, actually capable of. When I’m feeling malcontent. Or intimidated. Or nervous. Or overwhelmed.”
- 7 ways to be a decent, more evolved & just overall better person.
Things of Note:
I think today is the first normal schedule day the boy and I have had in about 3 weeks. He officially starts his new position at work today, which means all the crazy manager stuff that in turn made his schedule crazy should be behind us. Here’s hoping. 🙂
In other news, my birthday is next week and it’s been revealed we’ll be going to see Margaret Cho that night – woohoo! Plus Italian food before that, because it’s me and there’s nothing I love better than pasta. And I’m still trying to knock out a few things on that pesky goals list before then. I’ve got a pickling workshop I’m going to tomorrow, and I’m at 140 items in the shop so I think I can get to 150 by next week. Speaking of, did you see all of the long sleeve shirts I added right before vacation? Take a gander.
How’s your week going so far?
The train wreck with Scientific American was so disappointing to watch. I heard about it not long after her post was taken down (thanks, Twitter!) and have been keeping an eye on it since. It’s back up now, but the editor of SciAm never apologized. Just ridiculous.
Agreed. Ridiculous and infuriating.
I’m so jealous that you get to see Margaret Cho for your birthday. I’m such a fan! I hope you have an awesome time.
Thank you! I’m pretty pumped about it. Great luck that she’s in town playing on my exact birthday day. 🙂