- Amazing photo series of the week: Michigan lighthouses transformed into stunning giant icicles.
- Possibly the most useful video ever: How to open a bottle of wine without a corkscrew.
- Starz Releases First ‘Outlander’ Trailer. Yes!!! I’m so excited about this. Loved the books.
- This is a cool idea/design exercise: Disney Villain Perfume Line is Drop Dead Gorgeous.
- Top 10 Fantasy Writing Tips From ‘Game Of Thrones’ Author George R.R. Martin
- Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Orgasms (But Were Afraid To Ask). Amusingly written and actually with some Science in there alongside the random.
- What happens if you gender-swap characters when reading to your kids?
- 10 Controversial Ways I Plan On Raising My Daughter. I am on board with all of these. Except the last one, it would make me sad.
- Our Powerful and Fragile Attention
- The truth about all those pictures on Pinterest. Yup, exactly!
- Why Having A Personality On The Internet Will Help Your Business.
- Apparently, The Cold Snap Wasn’t Actually That Extreme, Global Warming Has Just Made Us Wimpy. “The cold snap that gripped the nation, says Borenstein, wasn’t even that cold. It’s just that, thanks to climate change, we’re now so used to above-average temperatures that one little blip of a return to what used to be known as “winter” has us all riled up.”
- 13 Things We All Need To Start Doing Immediately
Things of Note:
Hi guys! Happy Tuesday, Monday’s more ambitious, sexier cousin. Let’s see, what’s new around here? My shop been accepted to the Indie A-List, which is awesome (and if you don’t know what it is, you should click that link and find out, especially if you like supporting quality handmade businesses). Also, this past weekend, the boy and I went to see Archer Live. It’s a live, improv version of the cartoon with some of the voice actors, and it was reasonably funny. I’m not as huge a fan of the show as he is, but I figure this is money in the favor bank for when I want him to go to a play or symphony with me. 😀 Last but not least, stay tuned tomorrow for a reveal of one of my latest, greatest sewing projects!
What are you up to this week?
I’m really surprised that so many women are depressed after they get on Pinterest! Maybe it’s because I’m a blogger who sometimes shares bits of my house, but it’s obvious to me that those rooms were gussied up for pictures. We all do it because otherwise you’d be so dazzled by clutter that you wouldn’t focus on the project. That’s all it is, proper sharing of information. I’m not sure where/how/why the illusion started, but home/DIY bloggers are messy, too. For real.
I don’t know. I feel like I was probably the wrong audience for that post, but I had to share my two cents.
I think it’s a weird effect, because we all know (on some level) that OF COURSE things are actually messy and not picture-perfect all the time. But there’s a less logical part of the brain that can’t help comparing the finished, judiciously cropped image to our own reality. Like, the images are the dream/ideal way we wish our house looked or our food looked or whatever. I don’t know. I get it a little, not to the point of being depressed at all, but just to the point of wishing my kitchen or whatever was as pretty as the picture when it actually is clean.
That wine bottle trick is so neat, and will most definitely probably come in handy. Although I was kind of hoping it would involve a drill xD
And I love those Disney villain perfume bottles, I wish it was a real line.
Right? I wish I’d seen that video ages ago, it would’ve come in handy many times. And I think you could still probably figure it out with a drill if you really wanted to. Carefully. 🙂
I’m back again! I actually felt compelled to write a post about the Pinterest depression trend. I’m linking to you in it! Look for it Thursday.
Ok, cool, I’ll watch for it! 🙂