- Cool thing of the week: This 16th Century Book Can Be Read Six Different Ways.
- My personal Fox News nightmare: Inside a month of self-induced torture. What happens when you watch 3 hours of Fox everyday as your only source of news.
- Sadly they are not the only major news network with heavy-handed ‘curating’ : NBC Edits Out IOC Anti-Discrimination Statement From Opening Ceremony.
- Pediatrician: Vaccinate Your Kids—Or Get Out of My Office. Good on him.
- My Pit Bull Is Not Scary, That’s Why She’s Smiling At You. “A pit bull is a dog, and if you love it, nurture it, bring it up around other dogs and people, and fill its tiny puppy heart with love (and training) it will thrive. If you take it outside, tie it to a pole, abuse it and teach it that you are only happy when it kills things it will become a killer. This is common sense. This is not some trait that is in the pit bull bloodline. … It is possible to have an aggressive dog regardless of its breed. You can teach any dog to be aggressive if you try hard enough.” Yes! My Sienna is 75% pit bull and she’s a sweetie.
- Related: If your dog could text. Hilarious, and pretty spot on.
- Could You Live on Minimum Wage?
- When “Positivity” Goes Wrong: Please Stop Shaming People For Being Sad. Yes.
- How Language Policing And Hyper-Sensitivity Are Ruining Social Dialogue
- How to Be Powerful, Likable, and Female
- 7 Reasons Why You Will Never Do Anything Amazing With Your Life. Interesting read. Thoughts?
- The Real Men Who Read Romance Novels. They do exist.
- What Your Friends Can’t Tell You About Your Self-Published Book
- Camels Had No Business in Genesis. “These anachronisms are telling evidence that the Bible was written or edited long after the events it narrates and is not always reliable as verifiable history.” You don’t say.
- 14 Videos That Prove Philip Seymour Hoffman Was The Greatest. RIP, sir. You were awesome.
Things of Note:
A big ol’ bucket of links for you today. Apparently with my back hurt last week I spent most of that time trawling the internet. 😉 I’m happy to report that my back is 95% back to normal. It’s slightly stiff on the side where I fell, but no more ouchies. So I’ve been back to Project: Paint Walls. And apparently our walls are so textured that painters tape doesn’t actually work for giving clean lines around things. So I have to go back in and touch up with a little paintbrush. Mildly annoying, as it’s that many more hours/rounds of painting before these rooms are done, but overall not a huge deal.
Other than that, life is good. Ian has a 4-day weekend coming up this weekend, which is awesome. Especially as one of those days in Valentine’s Day. He’s even said we should do/plan something since he has the day off now. !! Color me surprised. We are already doing a couples massage on Saturday, which I am oh so looking forward to. Ian has never had a professional massage, so we’ll see how that goes on his side.
How’s your week going? Any plans for V-day weekend?