- Nifty find of the week: The Periodic Table of Storytelling.
- Thought piece of the week: Is it possible to build a city that doesn’t isolate people?
- Cool and morbid: autopsy paintings in the style of famous artists.
- Travolta’s gaffe at the Oscars has of course spawned an internet meme: What’s Your Travolta Name? Mine is Amelia Cloirk.
- 12 Things They Don’t Teach You In School About Being A Designer. As someone who went to school for design, I can verify all of this.
- How To Get The Most Out Of Your Blog Designer. Yes, yes, and yes to every one of these!
- The High Cost Of Acting Happy. “Customers have a right to expect professional politeness. But let’s save expressions of human emotion for when they’re honest and genuine.”
- The Science Behind a Happy Relationship. I don’t know if I’d called it science. Statistics, perhaps. But interesting nonetheless.
- 36 Lessons I’ve Learned About Habits. Good advice.
Things of Note:
Well, whatever flu bug/stomach bug/food poisoning thing I had end of last week and over the weekend is gone now, thank goodness. That was no fun. I don’t have much to report due to that, other than sick days are good for catching up on reading, and the work day is long when you come back from unexpected days out of office. This week it’s work as normal and a brunch gathering this coming weekend.
How are things in your world?