1. We’re hosting a brunch this weekend and doing a breakfast taco bar. Somehow, we’ve never made breakfast tacos at home, despite being fans of the dish. So the logistics are a bit fuzzy on how to get everything cooked/keep everything warm at the same time, but we’ll figure it out. And if not I’ve got cinnamon rolls as back-up. 🙂
2. If you’ve been around the blog awhile, you’ve probably picked up on the fact that I’m a big fan of crime dramas. Bones, Castle, NCIS, etc. – love ’em. But while I love Nathan Fillion and will continue to watch, I’ve gotten bored with Castle lately. Whereas a show like NCIS, that has been on forever, still holds my interest. And I’ve figured out why. NCIS is willing to hurt their characters, whereas Castle isn’t. With Castle, no matter how bad the situation is, you know the characters are going to be all right – they always are. And that predictability means I’m not as invested. Whereas on NCIS, it’s a different ballgame – just think about Kate, or Jenny, or the Tony & Ziva thing, or more recently Delilah. (trying to avoid too many spoilers for you non-watchers). Nothing is ever guaranteed on that show (except maybe Gibbs. There will always be Gibbs.), which makes it more interesting.
3. I hope to get the screen painted for my new seahorse design this weekend, and start printing with it next week.
4. SXSW has descended on Austin, which basically means I won’t be leaving Round Rock for 2 weeks because traffic. I’m ok with this. Nothing at the festival is worth the headache of dealing with that mess downtown.
5. This week during my volunteer shift at the library, I was given the keycode to the back room. Moving up in the world! Lol.
How did your week go? What are you up to this weekend?