- Video of the week: Simple Animation Shows Kids Why Design Matters. A little slow to get started, but cute.
- Sofia Coppola to Direct Live-Action Version of The Little Mermaid. Hmm.
- Saying Goodbye to (Fictional) Friends. Don’t worry, it’s normal.
- Someone Else’s Pain & Struggle Do Not Negate Yours.
- People Aren’t Magic.
- Becoming Emotionally Self-Reliant.
- It’s Time for Cities to Start Planning for Rising Sea Levels
- Save Money, Change Fonts. Possibly the coolest school project ever.
- How to Fix 17 Basic Cooking Mistakes. I’m guilty of a few of these.
- Pit Bulls Aren’t Dangerous As The Media Makes Them Out To Be. Give Them A Chance. Speaking as the owner/dogmama of a 75% pitbull mix, I can heartily second this.
- Rules vs. Guidelines in Fantasy. If you can imagine it, fantasy will let you write about it, and that is the most powerful and enduring reason that it is my best-beloved among the genres. Fantasy means never having to say, “It can’t be done.”
Things of Note:
Did you see the announcement yesterday? That’s definitely my biggest news of note. 😀
Other than that, my sister got into town yesterday afternoon. We had Torchy’s Tacos and hung out. Today is for hiking with the pup, dim sum, home-brews with a friend, and then some downtown bar-hopping action. The last is at her request, I assure you. 😉
What are you up to this week?