- Awesome Video of the Week: Emma Stone in a lip sync battle vs. Jimmy Fallon.
- Cute Video of the Week: Did You Know Baby Otters Play Just Like Puppies? Adorable!!
- What you’d need to make in every county in America to afford a decent one-bedroom. A sobering look at why we need to raise minimum wage.
- Is It Fair To Call A Band A Sellout? Only when their sound changes to accomodate commercialization, I think. If they keep their great sound but make tons of money, more power to them.
- Freelancing/self-employed goods: The secret benefits of being a dorky business owner, and Here’s What’s Wrong With Freelancing Today, and common freelance mistakes (and how to avoid them), and Middle class income has stagnated. What does this mean for freelancers?
- Why The Color Red Revs You Up (But Lowers Your IQ)
- How A Popular Two-Letter Word Is Undermining Your Credibility. I’m guilty of this, especially in my writing (emails, blog posts).
- So many lols on this: Coding Sucks: Why a Job in Programming Is Absolute Hell. It’s funny ’cause it’s true.
- Want to be famous, successful, booked ’til forever? Operate like the world is already listening. Good advice.
- Can you write about a race/ethnicity/etc. that you don’t belong to? One author’s answer.
- The Day When Our Antibiotics Stop Working Is Coming Very Soon. Scary but important.
And finally, the awesome Pocket Guide to Bullshit Prevention (see accompanying article) :
Things of Note:
Happy Tuesday! It’s been a productive few days for me, though sadly not for the boy. It was his birthday this weekend, but he started coming down sick on Saturday afternoon, so most of our planned festivities got postponed. Hopefully he feels better soon! With him out of commission on the couch or napping, I had way more free time this weekend than usual, so I actually got a lot done. Is that bad? I promise I took care of him as much as I could, too.
The rest of this week is for networking events, the Gelato World Tour, and a good friend’s birthday. Plus normal work and shop stuff.
What are you up to this week?