- Art series of the week: these great posters illustrating points from #YesAllWomen.
- Video of the week: James McAvoy Won’t Do Star Trek Impressions For Patrick Stewart.
- A Better Way to Say Sorry
- Your Princess Is in Another Castle: Misogyny, Entitlement, and Nerds. “The overall problem is one of a culture where instead of seeing women as, you know, people, protagonists of their own stories just like we are of ours, men are taught that women are things to “earn,” to “win.” That if we try hard enough and persist long enough, we’ll get the girl in the end. Like life is a video game and women, like money and status, are just part of the reward we get for doing well.”
- Dear Class of 2014: here’s what you can do about the gender wage gap.
- Here’s how much your high school grades predict your future salary.
- Which Country Reads the Most? We are not winning at this, US. Step it up.
- In case you missed it, the massive book giveaway I’m running can help with the above.
- Quote websites are frequently inaccurate, but we use them anyway.
- Why Agnosticism Probably Doesn’t Mean What You Think It Means
- 5 Tips for Working with a Designer. YES.
- Just Because it’s Valuable Doesn’t Mean It’s Not Spam.
- How Light May Be Affecting Your Creativity. Interesting. I am going to try out the light-adjusting program she mentioned on my Mac. We’ll see how it goes.
- Do You Feel Like You’re Not Sleeping, Even When You Are? Yup.
- Tasty things to eat: Brown Butter Icebox Cookies and Double Chocolate Raspberry Butter Cream Cake.
Things of Note:
Welcome to June, readers! I hope it’s going well for you so far. Some news from over the weekend: this little blog turned 3, and you should really check out the giveaway I’m doing to celebrate. Also, we had a movie night with friends, and put together some patio furniture, and otherwise just hung out and took it easy. The boy had the day off yesterday, so we went on a lunch date to see Maleficent (you know I love a good fairy tale retelling). It was decent, happily. Re: the ongoing patio project, we’ve now decided we probably need to repaint the cement base, so pictures of all the planties and such are going to wait til after that, because hey, I can’t pass up a dramatic before/after.
What have you been up to lately? Anything fun in store for June?