- Hilarious/mesmerizing gif of the week.
- 30 Incorrectly Used Words That Can Make You Look Horrible.
- 10 Times You’re Better Off Keeping Your Mouth Shut.
- You Don’t Have to Be Evil to Sell Things: A Primer on Ad Writing & Sexism. Really good line-up. Be sure to check out the links at the end about how sex & sexism don’t actually sell.
- Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath? (via Caitlin)
- In Defense of Spoiling the Dog
- The Next Giant Chinese City Will Float In The Ocean
- My Body Is Not A Garbage Can. “While there is definitely something to be said for consciously consuming things, using everything down to the very last drop and licking the proverbial plate clean, let us also remember that our bodies are not garbage cans.”
- Never Say It’s Too Expensive. Yes, this. “If you’ve ever thought somebody was pricing too high, or being greedy or unfair in their pricing, I want to make something clear. IT COSTS A LOT TO MAKE MONEY.”
- On creativity, entrepreneurship & fulfillment
- 10 Workout Tips for Book Nerds (via Kristin)
- The Periodic Table of Epic YA Reads
- What Causes the Smell of New & Old Books? Fascinating.
- This Keychain Dongle Can Analyze Almost Any Physical Object Instantly. Star Trek comes to life!
Things of Note:
Well, it rained yesterday, which means my new flower bed edging has yet to happen. Fingers crossed for no rain today! Yesterday was also a bear of a Monday. I har two large projects to send off to print, and each had their own little hiccups in the submission process (some tech snarl on the printer’s end deleting my upload, the client having just “one little change” after the files for print had been sent, etc.). But all files did eventually get sent off successfully, and all end-of-project invoices sent out (yay!). The rest of this week I’ll be burying myself in WordPress for two other clients, and (hopefully) work on that template I want to list in the digital shop. And then this weekend the boy and I are going on a double date with Liz and her boy, which I am pretty excited about! We’ve only ever been on one other double date (with a different friend/couple), and it… didn’t go so well (my friend’s guy at the time was unfortunately a douche). So, really, the bar for success-fun in this area is set at an easily beat low.
What have you got going on this week?
The “Can You Call a 9-Year-Old a Psychopath” was a great read. I feel like that is such a tough situation for everyone involved. There are so many factors, and so many options to look at which much be incredibly frustrating for both the parents and professionals. The human brain is still full of so many unknowns, and it seems so awful to strip the child of a regular life to study his brain and behavior. But then there is always the argument of what is his current quality of life? And if he is a danger to others around him? Just an rough situation all around. But a fascinating read. Definitely makes you think!
Yeah, that might have been my favorite read this week. Can you imagine being that kid’s parents? What an impossible and scary situation.
Nice round-up this week! They’re always good, but this one has a lot that piques my interest! Bookmarking stuff to read after I’m productive…
I caved and started reading about the 9 year old “psychopath.” It’s chilling.
Yeah, it was an interesting read. Such a tricky situation. “Chilling” is definitely the right word for it.
Thank you! 🙂
It’s been raining a lot here too. I like the rain, but for the past two days the storm’s have been cutting our lights out so.. that’s not fun! Hope your double date with your friend is fun this time! 🙂
The rain let up yesterday, so I now have new flower bed edging! Woohoo! Hope the rain quits for you – power outages are no fun, especially living on the internet as we do. 🙂 And thanks! I’m looking forward to it.