- If you only read one thing on this list, read this one: Why you’re (probably) not a great communicator.
- Reading as a Kind of Meditation. This is very true for me. I sink into books.
- We’re Losing all our Strong Female Characters to Trinity Syndrome.
- The 15 Punctuation Marks – in order of how much they do and how hard they should be to learn.
- Rejected Princesses. Princesses too awesome, awful, or offbeat to get their own animated movies.
- Have Babies, Keep Reading. One mom (of twins) take on reading after kids: “I’ve come to this conclusion: the idea that you can’t find time to read once you have children is bullshit if reading is a big priority to you, your kids are healthy, and you have a partner to help you. And it’s mostly sexist bullshit.”
- Give This Number to the Dude Who Won’t Leave You Alone. Brilliant in a way, but I think those responses will be lost on most guys that women would need to use this on.
- For those who think climate change/global warming isn’t real, a wake-up call: We’ve Now Lost So Much Arctic Ice That We Have to Change Our Atlases. “National Geographic has said their updated maps will feature a much smaller ice sheet, in what they’re calling the most visible change to the atlas since the break up of the U.S.S.R.”
- Interchangeable vs. Irreplaceable – one self-employed person’s take on reducing needless interruptions. I’m with him 100% on this.
- Freelancing is not just some boutique way of working. It’s now the go-to way to live. The numbers prove it.
Things of Note:
Yesterday, the internet in our house decided to inexplicably stop working, so I lost most of my morning trying to remedy that. All of the modem and router and computer restarts in the world didn’t help, nor did a tech support call. Instead, it just randomly started working again about an hour after I had given up. I remain baffled but am glad I was able to actually start my day and get work done. Technology be crazy!
This week I’ve got coffee with some gal pals, and a professional networking thing, and (hopefully!) some gardening to get done as I’ve finally planned out and ordered the plants for the front flower beds. It remains to be seen when they will actually arrived. We’re hosting a brunch in about 2 weeks, I’d love to have it done by then, but we’ll see. I’ve also got a stack of art prints that I need to trim and photograph for the shop, that’s also on the to-do list.
What are you up to this week?
The internet has just stopped working at my house and will start back up randomly too. So weird. It’s crazy how when wifi or the internet stop working it’s like… well, what do I do now…? lol A garden sounds like fun! I hope I have a garden one day, I know it’s a lot of work (at least it looks like a lot of work) so I’m not adding that to my to-do list any time soon 😛
It’s maddening! Completely throws off my work process, too, because I need internet to run my business, especially if I’m working on web projects.
The gardening… is a new thing for me. I’ve kept some plants alive in pots on the back patio (which is still mid-redo and still needs photographing) for almost 2 months now, so that gives me hope. We’ll see how the non-potted plants in the front beds do. *crosses fingers*
Internet going out for no reason is the worst! Always makes me realize just how much I use it during the day when that happens. Love the rejected princesses! Some crazy stuff in there. 😀
It is! Impossible to plan around, because you’re never expecting it – and it always seems to be on the days where I really need internet to do work, too. Bah. But all’s well now. 🙂