- Adorable video of the week: Just Seven Kittens Reacting in Unison to a Shiny Object.
- Funny gif of the week, for you Game of Thrones fans.
- Fascinating project/experiment: Meet HitchBot: The Robot That’s Going To Try Hitchhiking Across Canada This Summer.
- Behold, the Fold. One designer’s answer to clients still talking about ‘above the fold’ in regards to web design. Summary: there is no such thing anymore.
- Confessions Of A Binge Reader (Or, How I Read So Much). I feel like I could’ve written this. I’m totally a binge reader.
- Why Readers, Scientifically, Are The Best People To Fall In Love With. 😀
- The Infinite Possibilities in Saying “I Do”. “I used to think freedom meant the ability to choose literally anything at anytime… and to change my mind at the float of a feather. […] I know many people who fear making a choice because it will limit their options. […] But here’s what I’ve noticed of late: MAKING A CLEAR DECISION OPENS UP A DEEPER LEVEL OF FREEDOM THAT YOU DON’T GET WHEN YOU STAY ON THE FENCE.”
- 5 Practical, Slightly-Snarky-Sounding, Non-Sparkly Ways I Practice Self-Love.
- I Can Cook For My Husband and Still Be a Feminist. Agreed. Feminism isn’t about making a certain choice, it’s about having a choice.
- After free contraception program, Colorado teen birth rate plummets. You don’t say.
- What Corporate Climbers Can Teach Us: ‘Dark’ Personality Traits Can Help People Rise Through Ranks. Alternate title: nice guys finish last.
- 58 Facts That Will Blow Your Mind In Only One Sentence. Maybe not all 58, but at least a few.
- These Islands Are Sucking Up Pollution From The Water They’re Floating In. Cool!
Things of Note:
Not much to report here. Our weekend was spent lazing about and binge watching Scandal on Netflix, alternated with me printing a bunch of stuff for my shop, and visiting Trader Joe’s for the first time. And yes, I tried cookie butter. Honestly, I don’t see what the fuss is about. It’s an ok flavor, but I can’t imagine what I would actually eat it on. It is, at least, more palatable than Nutella.
The boy has (suddenly) decided to take the week off starting on Thursday, so we’ll be getting up to some staycation / housecleaning shenanigans. Exact ratio TBD.
What are you up to this week?
Lots of good stuff again this week! I haven’t actually clicked on it yet, but I can already tell I’m going to dig that feminism article. I got into a discussion on Facebook about something similar this week (women judging other women for their choices and how totally counterproductive that is to EVERYTHING) so this will be a nice cherry on top.
Thanks! And agreed. Also, I feel your pain about the Facebook discussion – even remotely political discussions never go well on there, in my experience.
I LOVE that article on feminism. As a stay-at-home mom, I am responsible for keeping the house clean and all the cooking. BY CHOICE. Despite growing up a tom-boy and keeping up with everything my older brother did the only ‘career’ I’ve ever wanted was to be a SAHM, tend my house, and raise my kiddos! I love it, and I’m quite lucky I have a hubby who supports that. Thanks for sharing, I may have to link to that one as well!
Also, what the heck is cookie butter??
Cookie butter is a Trader Joe’s specialty. It’s a spread, like peanut butter, except made with gingerbread flavored biscuits instead of peanuts (to simplify it). Really dense consistency, too. So many bloggers and people on Twitter were like ‘it’s the best thing ever!’ that I thought I’d try it. Meh.
Sounds. . .odd. (Though I do love me some Nutella.) We don’t have a Trader Joe’s close to us – the closest is 1.5 hours away, so I haven’t really explored what they have to offer! I did go a few weeks back with my friend when we had a big thrifting day and they did have some yummy snacks!
Those kittiessss. <3 I adore the 5 PRACTICAL, SLIGHTLY-SNARKY-SOUNDING, NON-SPARKLY WAYS I PRACTICE SELF-LOVE article. I've culled negative people from my life, and damn, it's hard. But it's so freeing. "5. Mars is populated entirely by robots." I LOVE THAT. Finally, while I am not a feminist (yes, I am 100% aware what feminism is and is about), I don't think 'so-and-so can't be a feminist because she -does this-" that's just ridiculous.
Glad you enjoyed the links! 😀