- Photo series of the week: 10 Tree Roots Winning Their Battle Against Concrete. Earthily beautiful.
- Squee of excitement video of the week: the official Outlander trailer (starts Aug. 9 on Starz).
- Thought video of the week: Can Babies Tell Right From Wrong?
- Children Exposed To Religion Have Difficulty Distinguishing Fact From Fiction, Study Finds. Not surprised.
- Not Everyone Is Beautiful. Read before reacting.
- ‘Are you really going to eat that?’ Yes, and it’s nobody else’s business.
- The governor of Ohio tried to live on minimum wage for a week and found in eye-opening.
- Age 30 Is NOT a Deadline. I just have to keep telling myself that.
- World’s Second Richest Man Thinks You Should Only Be Working Three Days a Week. The catch being that you work more years. I’m ok with that, though.
- Why You Should Be Pro Puppy in the Workplace (Hint: Cuteness Isn’t the Only Factor).
- 12 Good Books I Know I’m Never Going to Read. I’m with her on #3. And I’m also never finishing #10.
- Do the French know something about the book business that we Americans don’t?
- If Book Nerds Ran the World. Lol on lots of these. But wouldn’t that be awesome?
- What to do about freelance fail days where everything you do sucks.
- Park encourages visitors to leave cell phones, car keys behind.
- 6 Tech Traps We All Fall Into (And How To Avoid Them)
- Let’s end on a high note: British Rowing Team Blesses The World Again By Stripping Down To Fight Homophobia. Everything about this makes me happy. 😀 Also, our rowing team in college did NOT look like that.
Things of Note:
Well, Ian’s work schedule is changing up once again over at Samsung. I think it will be a good change this time. His new hours will be 10am-9pm, so no needing to go to bed early, or get up early – things neither of us like to do. He expects to sleep much better. And since my sleep schedule (as a work-from-homer) by default generally follows his, I hope to sleep better, too. We do have to move our weekly date night to the weekend, since far too many places close at 9pm on weeknights. But overall I think it will be good. We shall see.
Otherwise, it’s still just a whirlwind of craft show prep over here.
What’s new with you this week?
10am sounds like a great time to go into work, my husband used to go in at 6am and then his schedule changed to 8am and what a difference!! We sleep so much better and I hope you two do too 🙂
Thanks! Yeah, right now he gets up a bit before 6am, but doesn’t get home until about 8pm usually (even though he’s supposed to get off around 5-6pm). We’re hoping this changes things up for the better.