- Brilliant invention of the week: This Office Literally Disappears After Hours So You Can’t Work Late. I need to convince Samsung to install these so Ian’s hours become reasonable.
- Brilliant illustration of the week:Gird Your Loins: Ballgown Edition.
- The Status Quo Is Not a Neutral Position.
- Confessions of a former “cool girl”. “It’s also probably important to note that as I developed that confidence, I began to realize that pretty much anything I liked could be a “girl thing,” and that my closeness with various friends had very little to do with their gender. I stopped being friends with the guys who required me to be a compliant “cool girl” in order to be friends, and started giving my female friends a lot more credit for how awesome they were.”
- The future of cities: These Are Plans for the First City in Antarctica, and the cities of the future look more like gardened suburbs.
- Half of the animals in the world have disappeared since 1970 because of uncontrollable human expansion.
- More good advice from Adulting.
- When “Good Enough” Is Good Enough
- Where You Are Right Now Is a Necessary Step.
- Nobody Knows What The Hell They Are Doing. “Research suggests that the so-called “impostor syndrome” may get worse as people get better: the more accomplished you get, the more likely you are to rub shoulders with ever more talented people, leaving you feeling even more inadequate by comparison.” Well damn.
Things of Note:
So far it’s been a sloooooooow week. Honestly, I’m in a place where I’m a bit stressed about money, and that always leaves me feeling blah. Which of course is not helpful in generating the necessary energy to be productive and drum up new business, so it’s a vicious cycle. But I’m forcing myself to work through it. Like right now (as I’m writing this Monday afternoon) I could give in and just take a nap I don’t really need, but I made myself a) write this blog post, b) put up a new quote request form on my freelance site, and c) pulled together the info I need for a guest post that’s due in 2 weeks. So things still got done, despite the blah. Now I’m going to reward myself with a brownie.
Do you ever have days like that? What are your tricks for working through the blah?