- Video of the week: Dogs Execute Master Plan to Retrieve Giant Chew Toy From Pool.
- How to befriend anybody (even if you’re an introvert).
- There Might be a TV Show Based on Myst. I’m equal parts excited and skeptical of this.
- The elegant art of not giving a shit.
- What Happens When Second Graders Are Treated to a Seven-Course, $220 Tasting Meal.
- This Video Game Teaches Kids How To Avoid Debt. Not gonna lie, could’ve used this as a kid.
- Great post from Kristen: Is Your Professionalism Pushing Customers Away? (psst, I designed her site!)
- 6 Subtle Things You Do that Lower Your Perceived Value and Diminish Opportunities for Work.
- Local Chicago Man Would Like Women to Smile, Accept His Advances. Ugh, ugh, ugh, UGH.
- Could “Frozen” Create Psychological Problems for Girls Later in Life? “Girls are learning from princess culture that how you look is very, very important, and that you will be rewarded for looking pretty.”
- Artists Should Get Paid for Their Work—Especially By Lena Dunham. “Other artists should understand that paying an artist who is working onstage at their well-funded event isn’t a bonus or an afterthought, it’s essential support for someone whose work requires significant energy, time, and money.”
- Medicine, As You Know It, Is Younger Than You Probably Realize.
Things of Note:
I had breakfast tacos for dinner last night. To illustrate how much Texas has changed me, you should know that a) I’m a fairly picky eater in general (super taster in the house!) and b) when I first moved here 8+ years ago, I did not know what a breakfast taco was and was plainly skeptical when I found out. Eggs in a taco? Weird. And now I eat them all the time– for any meal, not just breakfast. Side note: they should probably have a name other than breakfast taco, but egg taco just doesn’t sound as appetizing, amiright?
If you had told the me of 8 years ago that in the future I’d be happily eating a taco that contained both eggs and cheese (two things I still don’t like together when not in taco form) I would’ve said you were crazy. I would also not have believed that I’d become a dog person, or run a blog that anyone anywhere could read, or that I would get used to not having actual buttons on my cellphone.
This is all just to say that time is a crazy thing and can work all sorts of changes, big and small. Ruminations while writing this last night.
Have you changed in any ways that surprise you over the last few years?
Ok, first, thank you for that link to the kids eating at the fancy restaurant. I died laughing, but then realized that’s probably how I’d react too. lol. “Why am I eating soap right now?!”
Second, I’m a super taster too, but only found out recently that was a thing. I thought I just had something strange going on with my taste buds. Haha.
Wasn’t it hilarious? The dog video had me laughing, too.
Super tasters unite!