- Best news of the week: Online Sales for Girl Scout Cookies Are Approved. !!!
- Fun fact of the week: Americans Now Drink More Craft Beer Than Budweiser.
- Harvard Business School study: It’s not kids but husbands that hold women’s careers back.
- On The Subject Of Cultivating Empathy.
- The Self-Help Cycle & Taking Imperfect Action.
- How to select the perfect gift. Good advice, especially about paying attention all year.
- Handle houseguests in top-notch style.
- Naughty or Nice? Find out which list your Twitter profile would land on, based on how much you swear. I’m on the Nice list, digitally. In person, probably not so much. 😀
Things of Note:
First thing’s first: brining the turkey is going to happen EVERY YEAR from now on, because oh my gosh it turned out amazing. So juicy and full of flavor. We used this recipe (just skipped the gravy part), and probably will again next year. Nom. Nom nom nom.
Second, my craft show this past Sunday went… ok. Not great, but I sold more than one thing so it was already better than the last show. Bonus: I also didn’t get sick, woohoo! It did confirm that I’m going to change up my focus next year, and focus on wholesale and maybe some more geek-centric selling venues (Austin Comic Con is the top of the list of possibilities) because these smaller craft shows just haven’t proved worth the time/effort/booth fees. But my shop is steadily creeping towards the 100 sales mark, which is exciting and hopefully a tipping point.
How did your Thanksgiving go? What are you up to this week?